• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yearly check in....

Scott1

Can you believe I became a member here in 2004 ??!!?? :eek:

Hello all... your old pal Scott doing my yearly pop in! So nice to see so many familiar names... and great to see so many new faces posting and keeping this place the best site on the web for religious discussion.

Prayers/good thoughts to all... I will try to come by more often.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Can you believe I became a member here in 2004 ??!!?? :eek:

Hello all... your old pal Scott doing my yearly pop in! So nice to see so many familiar names... and great to see so many new faces posting and keeping this place the best site on the web for religious discussion.

Prayers/good thoughts to all... I will try to come by more often.
2004 ??!!?? :eek: Damn you must really, really be old!
It's great seeing you, my friend.

Renji

Yeah, seen your posts on the Catholic DIR... Most of them are dated way back, when I wasn't still a member here. Welcome back! :)

Scott1

Yeah, seen your posts on the Catholic DIR... Most of them are dated way back, when I wasn't still a member here. Welcome back! :)
Hello young fella! :D

Yep, Victor (Quiddage sp? ) and I set up most of that forum ... Victor and I were the only every day posting Catholics here for a few years and it is a great blessing to have you here contributing!

Be sure your prayer life does not suffer... this place can be a drug that's hard to kick!

All with Peter, to Jesus, through Mary!
S

Renji

Hello young fella! :D

Yep, Victor (Quiddage sp? ) and I set up most of that forum ... Victor and I were the only every day posting Catholics here for a few years and it is a great blessing to have you here contributing!

Wow, thanks. "I am nothing" though.:p

Be sure your prayer life does not suffer... this place can be a drug that's hard to kick!

All with Peter, to Jesus, through Mary!
S

This site has actually help me rediscover Catholicism. And yes bro, I'm kinda guarding my spiritual life. Btw, why have you left for quite a long time? Just curious..

Scott1

This site has actually help me rediscover Catholicism. And yes bro, I'm kinda guarding my spiritual life. Btw, why have you left for quite a long time? Just curious..
So good to hear that... too many Catholics today believe their education ends at Confirmation -- and in my opinion that's just the start of the journey!

I leave and come back for a variety of reasons. Usually I simply get tired of having the same discussions with the same people over and over again. After time away, I find a new batch of people to have the same discussions over and over with!! Every once and a while meeting some great person or learning something new from the great variety of beliefs represented here.

The other reason is a little more complicated.... I leave to avoid scandal. I often find myself at odds with a particular teaching of the church and choose to stay away from here to avoid confusing those who look to me to teach the faith. I stop taking Communion... Begin praying the Divine Office.... And keep at it until I believe my conscience is in tune with the Church.

I don't suggest following my lead, but it is my way...

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Yearly pop-in. You really meant that, didn't you? I would like to see you back on a little more frequent basis than that!!! I was so excited when you fruballed me. I thought you were back to stay. :sad:

Scott1

My favorite Saint (Latter Day that is !!!) LOL

So nice to see so many old friends... I will try to stick around as long as my patience lasts!!

Thanks again all, for the nice words.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a total newb compared to you. :eek:

It's great having older members come back; we appreciate them. :)

Hope you stick around!