• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yajurveda: “This battle is the source of thy prosperity; hence we goad thee to that battle”

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
“foes, military laws, shooting weapons , soldiers, battles, battle-fields, arms, enemies, battle is source of prosperity”

Yajurveda Chapter VII : 37-38

"37. O' Commander of the army, fearless in the extirpation of foes,
thou art accepted as head according to military laws. This exalted
position is a source of inspiration for thee.
I enjoin thee to prepare for war embodying the use of shooting
weapons. I acknowledge thee as exerting utmost for the battle. Be
thou friendly unto all, and lead thy soldiers. Just as the sun, imbibes
the essence of all objects through air, so should'st thou realise the
significance of all objects. Acquire knowledge, and suppress the
opponents of truth and justice. Be victorious in the battle-field. Make
all free from fear everywhere.
38. Thou, head of the state, the conqueror of enemies, the lord of
five classes of subjects under thy sway, and armies, strong in body and soul,
take with thy meals, invigorating herbs, for pleasure and conquest. Fill
thy belly with the sweet flow of well-cooked meals. Thou art the
sovereign of all great deeds and requiring deep thought. Thou hast been
initiated in the rules of administration ; we harness thee for battle involving
the use of arms and weapons. This battle is the source of thy
prosperity ; hence we goad thee to that battle."​

“Yajurveda “Translated by Devi Chand.
https://archive.org/stream/yajurveda029670mbp/yajurveda029670mbp_djvu.txt
Thread open for everybody, believers of a religion or no religion.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I just published the thread and post#1 in the spirit and as guided by Brahman/YHVH/Ahura-Mazda contained in Yajurveda :

Yajurveda Chapter VI:2-3

2. O king, thou art our leader ; thou putteth upon the path of
rectitude, even the leaders of a high order. Know thou this art of
government.
God the creator will rule over thee. Just as the state officials
anoint thee with sweet juices and flower-laden herbs, so should the
subjects do.
Thy first duty is to undertake the spread of knowledge and the
administration of justice.
Thy second duty is to propagate religious truths. Thy foremost
duty is to strengthen thy rule over the Earth.
3. O king we desire to reach all thy abodes, where the resplendent
beams of adorable God
's knowledge spread far and wide.
In those very places, have the sages attained to the highest bliss
of God.
I consider thee as the source of spiritual knowledge, e&ithly power,
and vast riches.
Advance the knowledge of the vedas, improve thy rule and military
experts
, prolong thy life, and advance thy progeny.
https://archive.org/stream/yajurveda029670mbp/yajurveda029670mbp_djvu.txt
So, kindly help me in this connection and support me wholeheartedly, if you please, no compulsion however whatsoever.
Thanks and regards

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"Hinduism is a false religion, just like all non Islamic religions" thread begins again.
Also, I didn't know that 10'000 years ago, the Vedas were written in English!
Yeah, that may be the idea, but he is the the debate section. I delight in replying to such posts. ;)

Paarsurrey, since the name of the God is not mentioned in your first post, it could be Indra, who was the Chief God of Indian Aryans. The second post material is addressed to a King. We cannot guess who that king is supposed to be. The Vedas mention many deities as creators. It could be Brahmanaspati, Vishvedevas, Vishvakarman, etc. The deities who rule over all else are Indra, Agni, Marut, Varuna, Dyavuh, etc. It is not correct to read the Vedas as Bible or Quran, and think that they mention one God as creator or one God ruling over all others. The Vedic religion was basically polytheistic.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yeah, that may be the idea, but he is the the debate section. I delight in replying to such posts. ;)

Paarsurrey, since the name of the God is not mentioned in your first post, it could be Indra, who was the Chief God of Indian Aryans. The second post material is addressed to a King. We cannot guess who that king is supposed to be. The Vedas mention many deities as creators. It could be Brahmanaspati, Vishvedevas, Vishvakarman, etc. The deities who rule over all else are Indra, Agni, Marut, Varuna, Dyavuh, etc. It is not correct to read the Vedas as Bible or Quran, and think that they mention one God as creator or one God ruling over all others. The Vedic religion was basically polytheistic.
The verse mentions:
"God the creator will rule over thee."
So, Indra is ruled over by "G-d the creator" as mentioned in the verse. Right? Kindly correct me if I am wrong?Please
Regards

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Well, perhaps one verse mentions that. There will be hundreds of verses, where Indra will be considered the creator and the ruler of all. Why don't you read this: http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/vedaread.htm, for more information on Aryans.

Secondly, please note that Aryans were migrants to India. Indigenous people had their own Gods and Goddesses and have continued to worship them even now. The Aryans too took up worshiping the indigenous Gods. Rama, Krishna, Shiva, Durga, Ganesha, Murugan, Hanuman and so many more are all old indigenous Gods. None of them is mentioned in the Vedas.

Our genealogy is termed as 'gotra', clan, patriline, which actually means 'cow pen' or a 'herd of cows'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotra
I belong to 'Bhoota Upamanyu' gotra. 'Bhoota Upamanyu' means the older, first Upamanyu. That is the name of my progenitor. There is historical evidence of an Aupmanyava before 700 BC. He was a Vedic grammarian and commentator. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aupamanyava

Aryans were something like this in the area extending from North of Caspian Sea to Southern Russia (Andronovo culture):
Andronovo_culture.png

img_0836.jpg

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Wrong. @Aupmanyav already said the creator God mentioned could be Indra. Still trying to superimpose the Quran on the Vedas, eh?
I could be wrong, but Indra was born later:
The anthropomorphic god Indra was the most important god in the Vedic religion and he later became a major figure in Hinduism and an important deity in Buddhism, Cham and Chinese tradition. For the Aryas he was their national god and he was regarded as the protector of the military aristocracy and the Kshatriyas warriors. The formidable thunderbolt-wielding Indra strikes an imposing figure but as king of the gods he is generally benevolent, being generous to his worshippers, guaranteeing peace and prosperity and delivering beneficial rainstorms to end droughts. He can also be called upon in times of war to give support with his divine weapons and favourable intervention. In later tradition Indra is transformed from a worshipped god into a mythological figure involved in various, sometimes unflattering, adventures whilst gods such as Vishnu and Shiva replace him at the head of the Hindu pantheon. Nevertheless, Indra continued to be associated with storms, rain and the cardinal point East.

God of Thunder & Storms
In the Hindu creation myth Indra was born (along with his brother Agni) from the mouth of the primordial god or giant Purusha whose various other body parts gave birth to the other members of the Hindu pantheon. These new gods then brought order to the cosmos and Indra, seated on his throne within the storm clouds of the svarga or third heaven is ruler of the clouds and skies alongside his wife Indrāni. In Indian mythology the clouds are equated with divine cattle and the sound of thunder during storms is Indra fighting with the demons who are forever trying to steal these celestial cows. In addition, the rain is equated with Indra milking his divine herd and the god is seen as a protector of earthly cattle belonging to his worshippers. Indra encompasses and controls the universe, balancing the earth in the palm of his hand and manipulating it according to his whim. He also created the rivers and streams by shaping the mountains and valleys with his sacred axe.
http://www.ancient.eu/Indra/
Brahman or Brahma are said to be the Creator-God of Hinduism, if all Hinduism people would agree to it with consensus:
Brahma- the Creator
http://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/brahma.asp
Is there an definition given in Vedas that Indra is the creator and not the Brahman or Brahma? Please.

For one, Quran defines all the important concepts undoubtedly, though it is very concise and brief:
[2:256] Allah — there is no God but He, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining. Slumber seizes Him not, nor sleep. To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that will intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them; and they encompass nothing of His knowledge except what He pleases. His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth; and the care of them burdens Him not; and He is the High, the Great.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=2&verse=255

Anybody please.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Indra is not immortal, and is born over and over through creation cycles. Nor is there only one Indra. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra#Indra_and_the_Ants
Please quote from Vedas, preferably from Yajurveda that Brahman and or Brahma are not the Creator-God.
I have read Yajurveda upto chapter VIII verse 55 or 100+ pages from the total 500+ pages excluding the commentary. Other Vedas, I will read afterwards when I finish it. The next would be Rigveda, God-willing.
Anybody, please
Regards

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
It is not a contest about how much you have read.
Even a monkey can read 50+ pages of vedas more quickly than you will ever do. And he will finish the book way before you do. Does that mean he is more versed than the one that takes 2 years reading it ? No.
Devouring book like this is useless if you don't understand meaning.
And the thing is that you don't WANT to understand anything.
Because, threads after threads, Hindus have answered each and every of your questions and you still stubbornly stick to your own views, despite being explained again and again and again how and why they are wrong.

It doesn't matter and nobody cares how much hundreds of pages of whatever holy book you can read in 2 hours or one day. It only shows that you are only deaf, and not blind, and I'm happy for you about that.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Please quote from Vedas, preferably from Yajurveda

No.

that Brahman and or Brahma are not the Creator-God.

I never said that. If you read the Vedas, as you claim, you'd have seen this, one of the most famous hymns in all of Hindudom (I just made up that word, folks. :)).

Nasadiya Sukta, Rig Veda 10:129.

1. Then was not non-existent nor existent: there was no realm of air, no sky beyond it.
What covered in, and where? and what gave shelter? Was water there, unfathomed depth of water?

2 Death was not then, nor was there aught immortal: no sign was there, the day's and night's divider.
That One Thing, breathless, breathed by its own nature: apart from it was nothing whatsoever.

3 Darkness there was: at first concealed in darkness this All was indiscriminated chaos.
All that existed then was void and form less: by the great power of Warmth was born that Unit.

4 Thereafter rose Desire in the beginning, Desire, the primal seed and germ of Spirit.
Sages who searched with their heart's thought discovered the existent's kinship in the non-existent.

5 Transversely was their severing line extended: what was above it then, and what below it?
There were begetters, there were mighty forces, free action here and energy up yonder

6 Who verily knows and who can here declare it, whence it was born and whence comes this creation?
The Gods are later than this world's production. Who knows then whence it first came into being?

7 He, the first origin of this creation, whether he formed it all or did not form it,
Whose eye controls this world in highest heaven, he verily knows it, or perhaps he knows not.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I could be wrong, but Indra was born later. .. Brahman or Brahma are said to be the Creator-God of Hinduism, if all Hinduism people would agree to it with consensus.
You are right. Dyavuh (Zeus, Jupiter) and Varuna (Ouranos) were the older Gods. Then came Parjanya (known to Balkans as Perun) and Twastr (probably known as Thor in Scandinavia and Germany). Indra was a newer God. .. No All Hindus do not agree to this. For many Shiva or Durga created the universe. Why should Hindus have the same belief as Christians or Muslims. Whatever your Quran says, how does it matter to us?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is not a contest about how much you have read.
It is OK. JBN. He is not doing anything wrong. Let him read YajurVeda and as he says RigVeda after that. I wish, he had started with something easier, say the Upanishads. Vedas are more difficult to understand for a non-Hindu.
6 Who verily knows and who can here declare it, whence it was born and whence comes this creation?
The Gods are later than this world's production. Who knows then whence it first came into being?
7 He, the first origin of this creation, whether he formed it all or did not form it,
Whose eye controls this world in highest heaven, he verily knows it, or perhaps he knows not.
I have mentioned 'Nasadiya Sukta' (RigVeda) to him, but he has started with YajurVeda first.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
It is OK. JBN. He is not doing anything wrong.

AupJi, see you in 2 or 3 pages of this thread and he will be again trying to explain to us how we are wrong and that Islam is the same but more right or whatever. Pretty much what he did with almost every similar thread he started, this you can see for yourself.

Am not going to not let him read whatever book he wants, he can read all the books in the world for all I care, I just don't believe in this person's good wills and intentions anymore and will not help him. I've been fed enough with his Hindu Quran nonsense and am not the only one in that case.

Aum Namah Shivaya

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
"Hinduism is a false religion, just like all non Islamic religions" thread begins again.
Also, I didn't know that 10'000 years ago, the Vedas were written in English!

Similar threads have been done in the past about Zoroastrianism & Christianity. There may have even been one or two about Judaism for all I know. You've got to take your turn too in the interests of fairness ;)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
AupJi, see you in 2 or 3 pages of this thread and he will be again trying to explain to us how we are wrong and that Islam is the same but more right or whatever. Pretty much what he did with almost every similar thread he started, this you can see for yourself.
Am not going to not let him read whatever book he wants, he can read all the books in the world for all I care, I just don't believe in this person's good wills and intentions anymore and will not help him. I've been fed enough with his Hindu Quran nonsense and am not the only one in that case.
Aum Namah Shivaya
I am a flexible , open-hearted and or made from the wet-clay*:

[23:13] Verily, We created man from an extract of clay;
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=23&verse=12
*One aspect of wet-clay is that it could be shaped to many moulds easily meaning flexible in nature.Right? Please
Thanks for one's input.
Regards