• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahweh's Good Law

Messianic Israelite

I just thought I should mention this and I think it might glorify Yahweh although it's a rather small thing. This week, two days ago now, a neighbour of mine went to play football but they left the key in the door. I saw the key in the door and thought to myself, if I leave it there then he'll be able to get back in but at the same time, someone might steal it. My mind went right away to the Torah in Deuteronomy 22:

"22 Thou shalt not see thy brother’s ox or his sheep go astray, and hide thyself from them: thou shalt surely bring them again unto thy brother. 2 And if thy brother be not nigh unto thee, or if thou know him not, then thou shalt bring it home to thy house, and it shall be with thee until thy brother seek after it, and thou shalt restore it to him. 3 And so shalt thou do with his ***; and so shalt thou do with his garment; and so shalt thou do with every lost thing of thy brother’s, which he hath lost, and thou hast found: thou mayest not hide thyself."

I remembered this scripture so I took the key from their door and put in my accommodation for safe keeping. A little while later I saw the neighbour, he was on his phone, possibly saying that he had lost his key and I went out to him and gave him the key and I told him what I had done. He was absolutely elated, he was so glad to have retrieved his key and we had a conversation. I was able to witness the Law. He went back to his accommodation, but I was thinking, so many instances go by where the Law proves to be an excellent thing if obeyed.

I can say that Yahweh's Law is a good thing and I'm mentioning this to encourage all just to read the Law of Yahweh and see for yourself how good his Laws really are.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I just thought I should mention this and I think it might glorify Yahweh although it's a rather small thing. This week, two days ago now, a neighbour of mine went to play football but they left the key in the door. I saw the key in the door and thought to myself, if I leave it there then he'll be able to get back in but at the same time, someone might steal it. My mind went right away to the Torah in Deuteronomy 22:

"22 Thou shalt not see thy brother’s ox or his sheep go astray, and hide thyself from them: thou shalt surely bring them again unto thy brother. 2 And if thy brother be not nigh unto thee, or if thou know him not, then thou shalt bring it home to thy house, and it shall be with thee until thy brother seek after it, and thou shalt restore it to him. 3 And so shalt thou do with his ***; and so shalt thou do with his garment; and so shalt thou do with every lost thing of thy brother’s, which he hath lost, and thou hast found: thou mayest not hide thyself."

I remembered this scripture so I took the key from their door and put in my accommodation for safe keeping. A little while later I saw the neighbour, he was on his phone, possibly saying that he had lost his key and I went out to him and gave him the key and I told him what I had done. He was absolutely elated, he was so glad to have retrieved his key and we had a conversation. I was able to witness the Law. He went back to his accommodation, but I was thinking, so many instances go by where the Law proves to be an excellent thing if obeyed.

I can say that Yahweh's Law is a good thing and I'm mentioning this to encourage all just to read the Law of Yahweh and see for yourself how good his Laws really are.

There's a lot of good laws. What makes a lot "true" is which of those beliefs/practices/scriptures (whatever) calls to the person "and" whether their experiences line up with what they know is true. Reading scripture doesn't cut it without the experiences and it needing to support if not define one's worldview. If it doesn't, it may hold something of value (say to historians, theologians, etc of all different religions) but not as a spiritual asset to the individual person.

danieldemol

Premium Member

An ordinary person would have done the same for their neighbour without any need for the Bible.