• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Xmas lost?

SoulTYPE

Centrelink (unemployment office) have suspended my payments. I have tried to sort that matter out, but cannot do so till after Xmas day, so therefore, my family will not recieve any presents. This will **** my dad off even more. I can't find a job that will pay money before the 25th. Then there is the present drama with my father, as you may have read in the "This is Wack" thread. If you can see, the two fit in together. Not being able to buy presents for the family will certainly make my already skitzed father skitz some more.

I don't care if I get squat for Xmas/Birthday, but could anyone give advice on how to provide for the rest of my family for Xmas?

Circle_One

Couldn't you merely explain to them the situation and tell them they will all receive their gifts after Christmas? Or simply tell them you ordered their presents on the internet and they will not arrive until after Christmas :p

Fluffy

A fool
Make em something! Thats what I do when I am strapped for cash. Either that or borrow cash off your brother or a mate and pay them back when you can.

Circle_One

SoulTYPE01 said:
My dad does not see the meaning of making presents. And I suck at carpentry.

Difficult isn't it.
Yes extremely.

Then do as Fluffy said. See if you can borrow some cash off a friend and offer to pay them back. I'd lend ya the money, but I'm pretty far away.:D

Fluffy

A fool
I get the feeling that I wouldnt get on too well with your dad. Id be sorely tempted to not but him anything and save up the cash to get the hell outta there!

SoulTYPE

That thought of yours has been considered, Fluff.

Off topic - C1, you seem familiar..I haven't met you before, have I?

SoulTYPE

Phew.

anyways, I have considered a loan. Just to shutmy dad up for a few days. That or go into the street with a cardboard box flap with "Please help a bum get his family back"

I aint doin that at Flinders Street Satation again.

Circle_One

Was that like a "thank goodness I don't actually know her" relieved kind of "Phew"?

But yeah, I think the loan would be your best option. Otherwise you'll have to deal with the wrath of an angry father...which is never really fun.

SoulTYPE

Circle_One said:
Was that like a "thank goodness I don't actually know her" relieved kind of "Phew"?.
Hell No. I have not regretted meeting or knowing ANYONE on this entire board..

SoulTYPE

I think that is the impression girls must be getting from me..why thankyou. I actually learned stuff from this board. I think so.

I guess I have something to tell Mr Rex when he returns..

SoulTYPE

Fluffy said:
Again? Okay my curiosity is well and truly piqued if you feel like indulging it :)
I did it a few times as a dare. Had my jumper over my head. An old lady gave me $50:eek: but after about 20 minutes the cops told me off.