• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Xi Jinping’s war on religion in China

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
Key points:
  • A campaign to control religion is escalating, experts and rights groups report
  • Major surveillance and intrusion into everyday life makes "resistance pointless"
  • Observers say ethnic minorities and religious beliefs affect loyalty to the CCP
China's war on religion: Xi Jinping cracks down on 'evil cults' while 'brainwashing' ethnic minorities - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Are there Bahai communities in China? Islam is most dangerous for the Communist Party because Islam has its own social codes. Ananda Marga is double dangerous because it even has its own socio-economic theory competing with capitalist communism. Russia also supresses religious minorities because they cannot ideologically be controlled by the state.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We've seen a rise in authoritarian regimes and those that would be authoritarian if they could get away with it. And the worst thing to that is any dissenting voice or any voice which might possibly dissent. Because in spite of the power they wield, authoritarians live in fear of any challenge.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Key points:
  • A campaign to control religion is escalating, experts and rights groups report
  • Major surveillance and intrusion into everyday life makes "resistance pointless"
  • Observers say ethnic minorities and religious beliefs affect loyalty to the CCP
China's war on religion: Xi Jinping cracks down on 'evil cults' while 'brainwashing' ethnic minorities - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Trump, intentionally or not, is imposing a defacto sanction on China. Given the increasing tyrannical tendencies of Xi, for once I agree with Trump's tariffs on Chinese goods.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Are there Bahai communities in China? Islam is most dangerous for the Communist Party because Islam has its own social codes. Ananda Marga is double dangerous because it even has its own socio-economic theory competing with capitalist communism. Russia also supresses religious minorities because they cannot ideologically be controlled by the state.

There are Baha'i communities in China. I lived in China for nine years and meet the Baha'i communities in a number of cities. I met my wife in Shenyang, and she is a Chinese Baha'i. The Baha'i Faith is not officially recognized as a religion, but the relationships with the government are good. The government does not consider the Baha'i Faith a threat as they do Islam. After living there for years in the close relationship with the Baha'i communities I knew that there was at least one government party member (sic) undercover as a Baha'i in each community.