• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

XBox Series X? Nope!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
So Walmart has this new delivery service called "Delivery", in which they enlist people from Door Dash or other companies to put the items you order from their website in a car, and bring them to your house. This service is not to be confused with "Shipping" which is the traditional method of having FedEx, UPS, or USPS deliver an order from a Walmart warehouse.

I had ordered an XBox, and my selection said "shipping", I made sure. I waited patiently for two days for it to ship.

On the third day, Walmart changed my order to "delivery" on its own, and was determined to deliver it that way, with me having no option on my Walmart account to change it. And me having no control over what time they decided to deliver by car.

Now some backstory. I don't like "delivery". Every time Door Dash goes to deliver to me, half the time - they get the wrong house, whether said other house is a half mile away, or in some cases, a few miles away, and where the addresses don't even look related. Door Dash workers are supposed to take a picture proving that they delivered the item once on porch. But they don't care about that either. They'll take a picture of the wrong house, or just submit an all-black picture. And then consider the order fulfilled.

If you complain to Door Dash about their service, they will say it's Walmart's responsibility. If you complain to Walmart, they'll say it's Door Dash's responsibility.

For that reason, I cancelled the order before it was loaded on car. I really wanted the item to be shipped.

Keep in mind XBox Series X is still a rare item. So when I tried to find a better way of receiving the item, and buying it, it didn't work - they were already sold out.

Someone will ask why I didn't contact Walmart asking them to change the order from Delivery to Shipping, but.... in my experience, that usually doesn't help either. They manage thousands of orders a day, and if the customer service rep doesn't have the option or capability of changing it themselves, they won't bother to contact someone who can, or IT, about it. They just aren't interested.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I feel your pain. I’m in a similar situation with the PS5. Only folks around here are offering it for “delivery” which I’m a little wary of. Only because of how expensive it is. I want it in my hot little hands from the store/warehouse lol