• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

X-Men, Superman, or Pirates

Polaris

Has anyone seen all three?

I'm planning on taking my wife to the movies this weekend and at this point these are our top choices. Which would you recommend?

Thanks.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
michel said:
I haven't seen Pirates, but X men was good................

X men was not as good as pirates, in my oppinion.

obviously the two ideas are completely different, so it is difficult to make a direct comparison, but on the whole, Pirates was a better developed story line than X men, and a film with an undeveloped story line puts me off it.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I actually adored Superman Returns. I thought Bryan Singer maintained a sense of loyalty to the Superman series begun in 1978 with Christopher Reeve, especially the beginning montage.

There have been criticisms of all three movies, and I'll admit I've only seen Superman Returns, so I can't give an honest comparison. But I was completely enthralled with Brandon Routh as the man of steel and his return to Metropolis where he has to come to terms with Lois Lane's decision to "move on" with her life and away from Superman. I thought the movie was deeply romantic, and I thought Kevin Spacey was perfect as Lex Luthor - easily the greatest criminal mind on this Earth.

I would definitely go to see it again. The movie brought me to tears a couple of times.

Peace,
Mystic

A

angellous_evangellous

:super: Superman is the best! My wife and I saw it in a theater - and we're going to see it again this weekend in an IMAX.:D

No need for X-Men: :ymca:

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
Polaris said:
Has anyone seen all three?

I'm planning on taking my wife to the movies this weekend and at this point these are our top choices. Which would you recommend?

Thanks.

X-men three was good, though disappointing with its anti-climatic ending. Superman was one of the worst movies I've seen in years. Pirates was great, but lacked the witty script of the first movie .

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Radio Frequency X said:
Pirates was great, but lacked the witty script of the first movie .

i found it to be the other way around, i watched the first one last night, and i found that the first was just not as hillarious as the second.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
X-Men was the lamest of the X sequels, but still entertaining enough. Superman was okay, but very slow; if you're a fan of the comic, you should enjoy it. Pirates was wonderful, especially as it was a sequel.

Fluffy

A fool
X-men was entertaining enough but a waste of £6. I suggest you watch it on telly for free or borrow a dvd off a friend.

Pirates was absolutely amazing and I can't wait for the 3rd one although the character motives were very strained in places. Good enough to make me go back on Saturday and see it again :).

I haven't seen Superman but I want to... I've heard people say it is good but they have admittedly all been comic book fans so perhaps they are a tad biased :).

My vote is for Pirates!

Ðanisty

I just saw Pirates on Sunday and loved it! I actually liked it better than the first one. I thought it was funnier and I liked that they fleshed out Will Turner's character a little more.

I want to see Superman, but I'll probably have to wait until DVD. As far as X-Men goes, I've been told that comic fans will have some big problems with the way some of it was handled. I had already decided I wasn't going to pay to see another X movie in the theater because they're not going to put my favorite character in it anyway.

A

angellous_evangellous

Ðanisty said:
I just saw Pirates on Sunday and loved it! I actually liked it better than the first one. I thought it was funnier and I liked that they fleshed out Will Turner's character a little more.

I want to see Superman, but I'll probably have to wait until DVD. As far as X-Men goes, I've been told that comic fans will have some big problems with the way some of it was handled. I had already decided I wasn't going to pay to see another X movie in the theater because they're not going to put my favorite character in it anyway.

Wonderful pun!:cover:

nutshell

AARGH!!!!!

Seems clear, matey. Pirates is the best!

My wife is partial to Superman because she digs the actor and Superman's all-American nice-guy personality, but I'd choose Pirates over the other two any day of the week.

Booko

Deviled Hen
nutshell said:
AARGH!!!!!

Seems clear, matey. Pirates is the best!

My wife is partial to Superman because she digs the actor and Superman's all-American nice-guy personality, but I'd choose Pirates over the other two any day of the week.

I'll probably see Superman with a friend, but truthfully I prefer Batman as a character. Superman is just too "good" to be very interesting.

I'm a toss-up between Pirates and X-men 3.

It's hard to choose between Johnny "Hey, Sailor!" Depp and Hugh "Snookums" Jackman.

nutshell

Booko said:
I'll probably see Superman with a friend, but truthfully I prefer Batman as a character. Superman is just too "good" to be very interesting.

I'm a toss-up between Pirates and X-men 3.

It's hard to choose between Johnny "Hey, Sailor!" Depp and Hugh "Snookums" Jackman.

I understand what you mean. Overall, I prefer Batman as well and Wolverine too for that matter. But I must admit, it was refreshing to see a true hero rather than the typical Hollywood anti-hero of late.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Well, I've not seen Pirates or Superman yet, but X-Men was ok...not great, just ok. I'm going to go see either Pirates or Superman today, but I haven't decided which, yet - it depends on which one is going to finish its run first. *goes to check cinema website* Well, Superman is down to 2 showings a day, so I'm guessing this will be its last week...I'll go see that today, and I'll see Pirates later in the week.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Well, I got back about half an hour ago from seeing Superman. As much as Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane annoyed me (she was far too meek), I'd still rank this one above X-Men 3. I reckon Brandon Routh was channeling Christopher Reeve. :areyoucra It was uncanny. Mum warned me I'd need to take some tissues with me, but I didn't need them (which is quite uncommon for me, since I cry at the drop of a hat - perhaps the pressing need for the movie to end so I could go to the loo short-circuted my tear ducts :shrug: ). Another thing which lessened my enjoyment of the movie was the casting of Ian Roberts as one of Lex Luthor's thugs. For those who don't know, he's an Aussie ex-rugby player. All I could think while he was sinking his boots into Superman was "just who does this big gay footballer think he is?". :slap: The man can act as well as he can dance, I'm afraid. :rolleyes: