• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

X-MEN movies are Gay AGENDA?

Did you know X-men movies were used to propagandize the Gay agenda?

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
Confused? "almost immediately refused"? Not at all.Your assumptions are all wrong. I have been discussing.If it is not up to par with what you would like me to say then I am sorry.All I did was post a video about something interesting.I explained my view and opinions.Apathy? What do you want tears and shouting.Lol... It's a topic of discussion,that's all.Geez.....

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
As someone studying journalism, I can say that that is the first thing we are taught to avoid. Because it's ultimately manipulative and seen as devoid of any sort of integrity whatsoever. People hoping to dupe the unwashed masses use such tactics, not people wanting to legitimately inform anyone of anything.
Which in many ways is exactly what marketing, advertising, commentary, and public relations are about. I'm a former journalist, and I've got students who want to be journalists--or to go into these other fields, where manipulation of information is the name of the game.:D

Good luck with your career, @SomeRandom !:cool: We need more good, dedicated journalists!

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Confused? "almost immediately refused"? Not at all.Your assumptions are all wrong. I have been discussing.If it is not up to par with what you would like me to say then I am sorry.All I did was post a video about something interesting.I explained my view and opinions.Apathy? What do you want tears and shouting.Lol... It's a topic of discussion,that's all.Geez.....
Yes, we really need much more drama and conflict on the RF!:D

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Which in many ways is exactly what marketing, advertising, commentary, and public relations are about. I'm a former journalist, and I've got students who want to be journalists--or to go into these other fields, where manipulation of information is the name of the game.:D

Good luck with your career, @SomeRandom !:cool: We need more good, dedicated journalists!
Yes the irony is not lost on me :p
Thank you

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Marvel comics have always attempted to address social issues, including homosexual issues. Anybody who reads the X-Men comics knows that this is an often repeated theme. If you read Marvel you will read about homosexual equal rights issues, but you will also read about poverty issues and other issues. It simply reflects the opinions of Marvel, so I don't think that calling it an agenda is very useful.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Marvel comics have always attempted to address social issues, including homosexual issues. Anybody who reads the X-Men comics knows that this is an often repeated theme. If you read Marvel you will read about homosexual equal rights issues, but you will also read about poverty issues and other issues. It simply reflects the opinions of Marvel, so I don't think that calling it an agenda is very useful.
Ah, so Marvel is in on the conspiracy, too!:p

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Ah, so Marvel is in on the conspiracy, too!:p
Definitely I guess if there is a conspiracy. There's always at least on homosexual person in every Marvel comic that I've read. That is less frequent in DC. DC tends to focus on other issues but occasionally homosexual rights issues may appear in DC. DC focuses on things like not killing people. Its got Batman and Superman, two people who against all odds manage to not kill criminals, and that's their thing. They'll beat you to a pulp, but they won't kill you. Marvel heroes generally are similar, but they aren't usually under the same amount of pressure to kill criminals. Also they go to war, so they actually do kill people. In the most recent Avengers movie (Marvel) we see several killings. That would not happen in a DC comic. No DC heroes are killers unless they momentarily go insane or become villains, and that is one of the major differences between Marvel and DC. They tend to overlap on liberal issues like homosexual rights.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Definitely I guess if there is a conspiracy. There's always at least on homosexual person in every Marvel comic that I've read. That is less frequent in DC. DC tends to focus on other issues but occasionally homosexual rights issues may appear in DC. DC focuses on things like not killing people. Its got Batman and Superman, two people who against all odds manage to not kill criminals, and that's their thing. They'll beat you to a pulp, but they won't kill you. Marvel heroes generally are similar, but they aren't usually under the same amount of pressure to kill criminals. Also they go to war, so they actually do kill people. In the most recent Avengers movie (Marvel) we see several killings. That would not happen in a DC comic. No DC heroes are killers unless they momentarily go insane or become villains, and that is one of the major differences between Marvel and DC. They tend to overlap on liberal issues like homosexual rights.
Interesting. I never read a lot of the comics, so I never noticed the pattern. Thanks for the larnin'. :cool:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Despite Marvel's penchant for fabulous tightly fitting spandex on attractively exaggerated bodies, I'd say they focus more upon nerds & geeks than homosexuals.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Despite Marvel's penchant for fabulous tightly fitting spandex on attractively exaggerated bodies, I'd say they focus more upon nerds & geeks than homosexuals.
They must be prepared to swim or fly at any given moment, and their disguises and body armor have to fit under regular clothes.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Well obviously!! I can't eat my popcorn to rational discussion. Too boring! :p

It might be my rather short attention span, but it seemed like you just backed off. Idk, man... *shrugs*

Well obviously!! I can't eat my popcorn to rational discussion. Too boring! :p

It might be my rather short attention span, but it seemed like you just backed off. Idk, man... *shrugs*

Thanks for coming by.:D

Frank-Underwood-Closing-Door-House-of-Cards.gif

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Maybe you are just insufficiently appreciative of bulging muscles in tight spandex?
Tom