• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

X Marks the Spot - A Generic Thread

taykair

In the following generic post, the poster's unwritten thoughts are in parentheses:

The evidence for X is overwhelming (in my opinion). My personal beliefs have nothing whatsoever to do with the validity of X (that I'm willing to admit to). You have yet to provide any credible evidence that X is not so (credible meaning whatever I consider to be so). Your ad hominem attacks only show the weakness of your argument (you stupid swine). Your appeals to authority are likewise a weak argument (because Professor Y - or Reverend Z - told me so), as are your generalizations. (Why, oh why, are all you people so blind?) Of course, I'm willing to change my position if you can show me just one scrap of evidence to the contrary (yeah, that'll be the day).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I enjoy giving people my opinion. Of course as I do it, I recognize that I'm right and hope you will also even though I don't expect it. It's a good thing that what I post is not done with deadly seriousness because then I'd be in serious trouble.

taykair

I enjoy giving people my opinion. Of course as I do it, I recognize that I'm right and hope you will also even though I don't expect it. It's a good thing that what I post is not done with deadly seriousness because then I'd be in serious trouble.

That's strange. I usually get into serious trouble for not being serious enough.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That's strange. I usually get into serious trouble for not being serious enough.
The deadly serious types will fault you for not being deadly serious. Personally this image expresses something in the ballpark of how I view things

dont-worry-be-silly-Pin-Badge_12596168_755813ba156bfebbfe4c6d65da694fef.jpg

taykair

The image encapsulates my philosophy to a tee. Although sometimes I worry that I'm not silly enough.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure what discussion topic you were aiming at when you posted this, but I got a chuckle out of it. Thumbs up!