• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wwyd?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
What Would You Do?

Who do you look to in inspiration to the next action taken, would you look into another, or would you rather figure this out yourself?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
It depends on whether I have experience in the matter. If I do, I typically go with what I know. If not...well, then I still go with what I know, but it usually ends badly. Like a monkey playing with construction tools.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Both. I like to be original, inspired, and occasionally guided.

apophenia

I would consult the I Ching and ask whether or not I should flip a coin.

Then I would post the I Ching guidance here on RF, and make a poll of options for interpreting the I Ching.

Then, if I could count to one million without getting distracted, I would follow the advice from the poll results, and loop back to either flipping the coin or not. Otherwise (if I got distracted) I would either drink a fifth of whiskey and just let it all rip, or obtain a prescription for Ritalin to deal my my attention span problem.

If the general concensus was that the I Ching's advice was against flipping the coin, I would put the question in a bottle and throw it off a jetty, and wait for a reply.

You can't be too careful these days.

Premium Member
So is it wrong, in your eyes to follow the WWJD philosophy?

Well not just Jesus but I get the point. To purely follow it, yes I would say that is a negative thing "spiritually", though not necessarily 'wrong' per say. It is counterproductive, it wastes the short time we have, but in some ways it can be useful. Remember that those who are ignorant, those who follow WWJD, etc do seem quite happy. They enjoy life, they are comforted. Obviously it is not all bad, it depends on the person. In the reality that is my mind though, it is on the negative side.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Well not just Jesus but I get the point. To purely follow it, yes I would say that is a negative thing "spiritually", though not necessarily 'wrong' per say. It is counterproductive, it wastes the short time we have, but in some ways it can be useful. Remember that those who are ignorant, those who follow WWJD, etc do seem quite happy. They enjoy life, they are comforted. Obviously it is not all bad, it depends on the person. In the reality that is my mind though, it is on the negative side.

So you are saying, in your opinion, it's fine to be inspired by Jesus but not all of the time to the extent where you actually try to be Jesus? If so I agree with this.

Premium Member
So you are saying, in your opinion, it's fine to be inspired by Jesus but not all of the time to the extent where you actually try to be Jesus? If so I agree with this.

I am saying at times it is fine to be inspired or even guided, but living strictly by WWJD is negative. That is for me, at least. To try and be Christlike would probably not work, as it differs from concepts such as being a Satan or Lucifer. Christ is a very specific entity.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I think "WWYJD" is just an attempt to "de-individualize" a person. Which I have a problem with, because its an attempt to force you to sympathize with expectation and "how you are supposed to be", or it tries to make you like something that you never will be.

Doors you kind of said that.