• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

writing and preaching sermons?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Does anyone here have any knowledge of public speaking?

More specifically, has anyone here ever preached a sermon?

Does anyone here know of any resources about preaching a sermon?

Does anyone here have any advice or tips they'd like to share, about preaching a sermon?

I have a video blog and every Sunday I intend to upload a sermon to it

Here is the link

I use the word "sermon" loosely, they will be more like lectures/addresses/orations as they won't be structured around a passage of scripture

But I aim to produce one every Sunday, so they will be like a sermon in that respect!

I have half a dozen or so short video addresses on my brand new website, you can view them at www.madaba.info - I am becoming increasingly confident about public speaking

I know that one principle to observe is to tell the listeners what you are going to say - then say what you are going to say - and then say what you said!

I am going to start researching for it today and maybe even film it a couple of days before Sunday!

Thanks in advance for any help :D

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
In the group we were in, we all used to take turns doing 'sermons'. They were more like presentations on various religious topics.

Things we did to keep things interactive was to involve music, and/or hands on elements. Sometimes there were added stories, meditations or chanting, sometimes food if it was appropriate.

It was fun while it all worked well.