• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow

Tumah

Veteran Member
I don't know about the interface for mobile, but the interface in general looks great. I really think it has a nicer, more modern look to it.

However. Because I have to retain my reputation as a kvetch, I'm going to complain about the font on the links on the second line (Mark Forums Read, Search Forums...). It looks a little odd.

Skwim

Veteran Member
It is lookin' good; however, I'm waiting for more prominent post numbers. The numbers next to "+Quote" are too puny. Replace the NEW in the upper right corner with them. Also, a darker background or border for each post would be helpful. As is, it's too difficult to distinguish one post from another.

Last edited:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
It is lookin' good; however, I'm waiting for more prominent post numbers. The numbers next to "+Quote" are too puny. Replace the NEW in the upper right corner with them. Also, a darker background or border for each post would be helpful. As is, it's too difficult to distinguish one post from another.

How about replace the new in the upper right corner with the post number and make the post number red if it is a new post...

I would prefer they make the background a darker colour.
Then the posts would stand out and be easier to distinguish between.

Kapalika

Premium Member
All the posts are made to only fit half my screen and not stretch all the way like it should, makes reading the forums more awkward as there is two inches of dead space on either side of my monitor. It stretches and adjusts to a point, before stopping (I'm in 1600x900).

Also why don't I see people's religions listed anymore in their post? I do now never mind.

The two news thing I like is how obvious a new post being made in a subforum is, and that the contrast i, overall better. Don't get me wrong I thought the old theme was pretty darn ugly, but this just seems worse due to some formatting things and a couple of my favorite parts missing when displaying people's posts.

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
How about replace the new in the upper right corner with the post number and make the post number red if it is a new post...

I would prefer they make the background a darker colour.
Then the posts would stand out and be easier to distinguish between.
:thumbsup: Right with you.

Kapalika

Premium Member
:thumbsup: Right with you.

I third this, although it's not a much of a deal to me so long as we can still click it and link the post directly as it is now.

edit: Also I see they are tweaking some stuff, the margins are no where nearly as big now, looks like the new posts widget was using a lot of space as a column, but it's not nearly as noticeable now that the screen stretches better. Looks a lot better now, so I don't have much of anything to complain about anymore :D

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Seems friendlier on the browser. I'm not lagging as bad as I was on the previous format so far.

This color layout reminds me of the schematic from the old long gone Buddhachat site. :0)

:0)

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
I KNOOOOW! I'm here like, “what is this? Where am I?”
SpongeBob's_dance_3.jpg

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
The editor is messed up again, both on phone and PC. I suppose it's too much to ask to take it back to day 1 of the upgrade.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I can't decide what I like more, that our face is now popularity over our impressive diversity, or the fantastic editing changes.

n56oJ5h.jpg

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Please stop being so dramatic. Not once did I state that errors would not be fixed.
FYI, the problem I have with the editor (on phone) is something like this:
I touch where I want to add text, and usually begin by adding a "[/quote]" and a return.
I start keying a response, and decide I want to insert a word. I touch where I want to insert a word and start keying.
Suddenly the cursor has moved, and I'm inserting text into the middle of another word. I decide I want to delete a bit of text.
I touch at the end of where I want to delete and start backspacing. Suddenly the cursor has moved to the end of the next word, and left a few characters behind.
I get around it by touching before where I want to delete or insert, and putting in a return there. Then, when I have the text that I want, I have to use my big clumsy index finger to try to touch the very tiny area just to the front of the text at the beginning of the line, and backspace the return to bring it all together.
Then it removes the space between what I brought together, so I have to touch again to insert a space between the two words.
Then I want to add quotations... I touch before a word to add a ' and it removes the space between the word and the one before it, and I have to add that space in.

(Now, imagine me doing all that on a shaky, bouncy bus in the morning. Just for humour, though. :D )

The editor worked well on the first day of upgrade. I appreciate the effort you've put into our website, though, and thank you.

PS: I have Windows 10 at home, with the Edge browser, if that makes a difference. I think the phone's browser is Google.