• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, two significant earthquakes in East Texas in the past week!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I felt the smaller one (3.7) last week because it happened around 10:15 in the morning. To be honest, it sounded and felt like a big truck rumbling past my house and that's actually what I thought it was till I saw the news.

This morning my husband called me (he's in the hospital) and told me that another one had hit at 3:12 am and that he had felt it. It was much larger - 4.3. Dang it, I hate I missed it!

People are getting up in arms saying it's because of oil and gas "fracking," but it's actually really easy to research this. I just found out that there's a history of small earthquakes in this area prior to any fracking.

Texas

Whoduthunkit?

Now I'm poised for the next one. I mean, I don't want there to be an earthquake, but if there is one, I sure as heck want to feel it!

When I was a child, my family lived in Japan. Earthquakes are very common there. One of them knocked me out of my bed! We used to have to all run outside and stand in the yard when they happened and I have very clear memories of standing outside in the middle of the night with all our neighbors.

Odd times!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And it'll keep the bugs off the front end!

Although the peek-a-boo cut-outs for the headlights are a bit risque.
evoIX_3.jpg

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
It's all those darn monster trucks and foot stompin'. :yes:

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Worst I have felt was a 7.0 on the Richter scale, it occurred 20 km off the coast where I live, and I lived at the time about a click from the beach. I stupidly went to see if the water level dipped. It didn't.

However that was not the worst, last year around November a volcano 18 miles from my house blew it's top, the eruption wasn't that bad just the 2 months before its eruption was nerve racking. 1-2.0 harmonic tremors that would last anywhere from 2 minutes to an hour of shaking. That was rough.