• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow! I just moved to Iowa!

turk179

I smell something....
Just moved from a very large town in Florida to a small town in Iowa. Wow, what a difference. Was gone about a week but now am back. This is one heck of a change. It has been about 23 years since I have lived in a small town but I really like it here. Its not to busy but not to quiet either. I can't wait for the leaves to change!!!!! Whoo Hooo:woohoo:

robtex

Veteran Member
Wow that is going to be a change. May I asked why you moved. If you are happy than I am happy for you.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Whooo-hooo! We have another RF member here!

Anywhere near Cedar Rapids or Iowa City? (I know you don't want to get too specific, but I'm just curious, since I live in a small town a little ways from both.)

turk179

I smell something....
robtex said:
Wow that is going to be a change. May I asked why you moved. If you are happy than I am happy for you.
I moved to Iowa to be with someone. I didn't really like Florida anyways. Growing to fast, people are to busy to be friendly and I was tired of the same weather. I am happy but also a little scared at the same time.
Feathers, I moved to Ottumwa which might give you an idea of who I was referring to above.:D

ayani

the mid-west really has a lousy rap with the coasters.

i find that i love it out here. the people tend to be very friendly and talkative, there's a lot of beautiful natural world to discover, and the sky out here is unlike anything i'd seen before.

give it a shot! it may not be florida, but it's a got a big heart of its own.

Aqualung

Tasty
I was actually born in the Midwest, and I go back to visit frequently. It has a bad rap with coaster because it's so much worse. No real mountains, for one thing.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
turk179 said:
I moved to Iowa to be with someone. I didn't really like Florida anyways. Growing to fast, people are to busy to be friendly and I was tired of the same weather. I am happy but also a little scared at the same time.
Feathers, I moved to Ottumwa which might give you an idea of who I was referring to above.:D
Well, that's a good reason; I hope you will enjoy your new surrounds.:)

Watcher

The Gunslinger
Oh jeez, from floridia to iowa? What a culture shock:biglaugh:
I'm in south dakota:help:

a quick question.... do you guys down there call "Lunch" dinner...and "dinner" supper??
That took me a while to figure out:biglaugh: