• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would You Want To Know?

Lightkeeper

Would you want to know ahead of time what is going to happen to you? How different do you think our life would be if we knew what was going to happen? Would there be any point to life if we knew?

Ceridwen018

No! That'd be like someone telling me the end of a movie or a book before I've seen or read it. I think the point of life would be somewhat lost. Also, there'd be no more decision making, and if you didn't like the outcome of your life, depression would be probable.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I'd want to know. I'd have fun changing it then! I don't believe in an immutable future, so whatever was told to me would only be one possibility out of an infinite number of others!

standing_on_one_foot

Heh, I always wanted to make a movie about this sort of thing. Where people get this book that tells them how their lives're gonna turn out, and then goes from there. Look at all their reactions and what not...you know, who'd look, who wouldn't who'd try to change it, etc, etc...I wouldn't want to know, personally.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
As tempting as it would be i'd have to say no. It would take all the fun out of life if i already knew what was going to happen. Then you have to bring in the whole paradox thing ya know? Can i stop it or will it happen regardless, or because, of what i do. And that will just give me a headache.

SaraLee

If I, or God preplanned my lifetime and I knew what was going to happen, I would probably change my mind about how I want things to progress anyway. It's like choosing a pair of red shoes in 2004 to wear in 2020 and when the time came to wear them, I find they are outdated, out of style and then wanting a different style and color to wear. Life moves forward, it doesn't stay the same, so it isn't practical to preplan everything. Hey, I've even changed my mind about what I like in a man over the years, lol.
SaraLee