• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you want to be the Antichrist?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If the Devil appeared to you and told you that you were selected to be the Antichrist, that you would rule the world as Messiah, prophet, shaman, sorcerer, necromancer, and magician, but that you just needed to give him permission and worship him, would you do it?

Would you want the vocation of being the Messiah instead of Christ who rules the world?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
If the Devil appeared to you and told you that you were selected to be the Antichrist, that you would rule the world as Messiah, prophet, shaman, sorcerer, necromancer, and magician, but that you just needed to give him permission and worship him, would you do it?
No one would ever listen to you; the religious would think you're a religious crazy person, and it would never be successful...

Regardless of what the devil says, religious forums are not convincible. :p

In my opinion.
:innocent: :smilingimp:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
No one would ever listen to you; the religious would think you're a religious crazy person, and it would never be successful...

Regardless of what the devil says, religious forums are not convincible. :p

In my opinion.
:innocent: :smilingimp:
Supposedly the Antichrist will work miracles greater than those found in the gospel. I think if somebody were working those miracles, the majority of the people in the world would listen to that person... he certainly would be awarded Nobel prizes and get a lot of media attention

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
he certainly would be awarded Nobel prizes and get a lot of media attention
Devil said start small with Religious forums, and then use them and Paltalk as a weird psychological test before burning them all with fire...

That way we don't arise suspicions, that we are up-to anything; whilst seeing if we can convince people to follow our version of reality...

In my opinion. :innocent: :smilingimp:

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
@PopeADope only for one reason would I want to be the Anti-Christ if a devil could make it happen. Because I would be the ruler that knows how to serve, and not put my desires above what is best for all people. I would make my titles guardian, guardian of humankind, and guardian of earth to constantly have before me why I'm there. I know how to be a benevolent king. Why wouldn't I take that? Knowing I could do so much good for people.

In my reign, the world would be a brotherhood of all humans. An end to nationalistic division and strife. People would know that I'm not there to profit by them or steal from them- for I would live in a little house by a lake with some trees, wear plain clothes, and eat my simple vegetarian diet.

Last edited:

Aldrnari

Meh... If Loki came up to you and wanted you to take part in a scheme of his, would you?

Point being, I don't know how convincing characters from other religions you meet would be. If you did see one, would you believe it was really that character (and thus, showing your religion to be wrong), would you think it was a trick by an evil character from your religion (such as Ahriman, if you were Zoroastrian), or would you take it as a trick of the mind.

Considering I've had experiences in connection with several different religions, I'm tempted to go with the later... But who knows for sure. ;)

ExVasterist

Ex-Member of RF (I'm a Ghost)

Would you want the vocation of being the Messiah instead of Christ who rules the world?

You wouldn't be the Messiah, you'd be a fake pretending to be the Messiah.
Prophets are those that speak God's Will or whatever Deity they are representing.
Shamans deal with Nature & Mother earth, they are not in any way associated with any religion.
Sorcerer is not real, its simply an advanced way of saying Witchcraft.
Necromancers deal in Life, Death, and Rebirth, I was one and there are many myths associated with them. Being apart of the Devil is a definite myth.
Magicians are people that use tricks to awe people, but the truth is anyone can become a magician, it is all about tricking your mind - entirely illusion based. Not Real magic.

As the Anti-Christ you'd be the one that deceives the entire world in to believing that you are Jesus Christ reborn, you'd be capable of many miracles, you'd have thousands of blind followers that think you are the Genuine Messiah, and followers that know exactly who you are.

Your rule would be long but doomed to fail. You'd be essentially taking up the mantle of Most Evil Human being on the planet. And your coming would signal the beginning of the end of world, would be the final test for all mankind, and your own only purpose would be to drag as many people into Hell as possible before you're inevitably defeated by the Real Messiah.

And no one on earth would see you coming, they'd all be too busy pointing their fingers at other people they believe is The Anti-Christ.

Would I want to be the one that represents all the Evil in the world? Hell F-ing No! I may not agree with God, but that certainly does not mean I want to represent everything that I completely abhor.
Only a fool would say Yes or even consider it.

If the Devil appeared to me, he wouldn't be getting a candidate, he'd getting someone who use to believe in God and then his mere presence would restore that faith in God & I'd have zero cause to deny God ever again. The Devil would gain an enemy if he appeared before me.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I'm sure there are people who would love to make that fantasy reality, sadly enough.

I would have to decline, because my vision of a devil is not shared by me and Satan.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm antitotalitarian so if there was a God or a devil I wouldn't follow either, nor make myself into a dictator.

Srivijaya

I'd ask him why, as the greatest angel there ever was with insight beyond the comprehension of most mortals, why he bothers and messes around with the 'world'.

Seriously, why's he wasting his time with mortals and what they get up to? Surely he could do better than that.

Aldrnari

I'd ask him why, as the greatest angel there ever was with insight beyond the comprehension of most mortals, why he bothers and messes around with the 'world'.

Seriously, why's he wasting his time with mortals and what they get up to? Surely he could do better than that.

Well, to get back at god by ruining as many people as possible, naturally. And yet god allows him to rule the world... What?

NOOOooo... Now the thread will devolve into arguments about the problem of evil. :D

ExVasterist

Ex-Member of RF (I'm a Ghost)
Well, to get back at god by ruining as many people as possible, naturally. And yet god allows him to rule the world... What?

NOOOooo... Now the thread will devolve into arguments about the problem of evil. :D

Damn it.... you just had to say it....
Reminds me of that funny scene in Avengers Age of Ultron
Thor to Ultron: Is that the best you can do?!
- Utlron brings his entire army before them -
Captain America: You had to ask....