• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you still choose good knowing you would lose?

Ori

Angel slayer
Well, we all know good wins in the end :162: .
But would you switch if evil could have won?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Good, indeed. The only honourable thing to do. Unless I was sure I could help the side of good more by choosing the side of evil.

Scott1

I'd rather lose with good, than "win" with evil.... for a Christian, this would be self-defeating... for in the end, the evil done to "win" may cause me to potentially lose the most important thing: my soul.

Zephyr

Moved on
I would prefer to do good, so I'd choose evil. I'm bad enough at most things to make them lose.

EDIT: I would then switch to good. Just call me decoy octopus.

Melody

orichalcum said:
Yes I would still choose good. No I would not switch to evil. I don't choose to be/do good for a final reward. I do it because I feel it's the right thing to do.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I am with Scott and melody on this one; I would rather lose than pervert my morality and faith.:)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Mark 8:34Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 35For whoever wants to save his life[c] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it. 36What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? 37Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? 38If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels." NIV

God turns our "losses" into his "victories".

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
At this point in my life , I have no interest in winning or losing . I'm tired of wars .

fromthe heart

orichalcum said:
I can't possibly ever choose evil no matter what the temporary reward...and it would be temporary! I would never risk my soul in front of God whom I cherrish more than life itself. I don't care if that makes me unpopular with what society cares most about I must choose God and GOOD!:)

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Evil, Gah.

Good is good for me. :D

Then again, not everything good according to me, is good according to everyone else.