• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you stay on RF if religion wasn't discussed here?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I would stay. Tbh, I think the whole idea of talking about religion/ God/ theology is a waste of time. To me, it's like talking about music as opposed to listening to it or learning to play an instrument.

I came here to help detox myself from the last vestiges of the guilt by reason of existence psychological residue that religion had help instill in me and that I've been carrying around with me (to some extent without even knowing it) all my life.

I reached a point in my life where I realized I was going to have to take a good look at the religious beliefs I'd been raised with and exposed to: what they were, where they came from, and either accept them and give myself to them or walk away from them completely.

Long story short I came away from all this with my theism intact, but with a belief that religion itself was just a man-made institution that I owed nothing to.

All of that happened in the first few months and I'm still here. :p although I'm not always sure why.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
No. Even on topics that aren't religious in nature, a bit of religious insight is given by posters due to the context of this forum. People are here because they care about religion and religious perspectives

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm not asking as a staffer. I'm just curious. I've noticed, for example, that there are members here who hardly - if ever - drop by the religious threads, and prefer the other sections of the site. If the religious forums of Religious Forums were removed, would you stay? The question is directed at everyone.
My posting would be much less

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Probably not. Religious topics are the essence of RF. Even in threads about other subjects like politics and science, religious overtones often loom, and understandably so.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I'm not asking as a staffer. I'm just curious. I've noticed, for example, that there are members here who hardly - if ever - drop by the religious threads, and prefer the other sections of the site. If the religious forums of Religious Forums were removed, would you stay? The question is directed at everyone.
I wouldn't be likely to stay here. Sure, there are other topics that might be interesting, but religion is my main topic.