• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you stay on RF if religion wasn't discussed here?

F1fan

Veteran Member
There seems to be a core group of posters as it is, and often this core discusses many other issues, especially politics. It's funny how few new names post on topics. There might be strong activity in some exclusive areas that cater to religion, but I don't see it.

It seems the religious topics are typically from more extreme believers than moderates. I suspect moderates have learned to not put their necks on the block, so to speak. The more fervent employ all sorts of bad faith debate behaviors which indicates they might not be terribly rooted in reality. These fervent believers are an entertaining bunch, and gives us an insight into how this category of believers think. It can be illuminating and frightening.

If RF quits having ads with scantily clad women I'm sure the religious men will leave in droves.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
No.

Without hope that a new religious thread would appear to investigate, I'd lose interest. I might, like @VoidCat has suggested, keep up with PMs, but I'd likely just give out my email after a bit and move on.

We Never Know

No Slack
There seems to be a core group of posters as it is, and often this core discusses many other issues, especially politics. It's funny how few new names post on topics. There might be strong activity in some exclusive areas that cater to religion, but I don't see it.

It seems the religious topics are typically from more extreme believers than moderates. I suspect moderates have learned to not put their necks on the block, so to speak. The more fervent employ all sorts of bad faith debate behaviors which indicates they might not be terribly rooted in reality. These fervent believers are an entertaining bunch, and gives us an insight into how this category of believers think. It can be illuminating and frightening.

If RF quits having ads with scantily clad women I'm sure the religious men will leave in droves.

Everyone is only here because religion exists.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm not sure but I can see myself looking around at other sites. After all, there's only so much humor in abusing @Revoltingest and @Wu Wei

You would miss us both, not be able to stay away, and you know it rover...... if for nothing else...to see what we were saying about you

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I'm not asking as a staffer. I'm just curious. I've noticed, for example, that there are members here who hardly - if ever - drop by the religious threads, and prefer the other sections of the site. If the religious forums of Religious Forums were removed, would you stay? The question is directed at everyone.

Probably not no.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Not sure, but at least for those of us who don't have any religious beliefs, we are guaranteed opposition to our views - and very interesting and/or amusing much is too. Might not be so without this. And perhaps not so interesting for those who have settled beliefs and who really want to proselytize more than anything. :oops:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not asking as a staffer. I'm just curious. I've noticed, for example, that there are members here who hardly - if ever - drop by the religious threads, and prefer the other sections of the site. If the religious forums of Religious Forums were removed, would you stay? The question is directed at everyone.
Title should be...
Would you stay on RF if religion weren't discussed here?

There....got that out'a me system.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

Do I need to take my ad blocker off?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Do I need to take my ad blocker off?

With your search history, this is probably all that would come up:

d45f8896451218a873fceb9f5aec52c0.jpg

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Probably not. It is religiousforums after all.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Probably not.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
It depends. I'd wait for a while see what happened. If it remained interesting I'd stay.

The good thing about religious discussion is that it never ends. Every subject can be chewed over many times, often using the same arguments. And if things slow down we can always do "free will" again.

Other subjects tend to pall if I don't have a strong interest in them. I suspect that's because it's so much easier to establish the truth of things. I imagine an atheist forum with no theists. Atheist1: There is no god. Atheist2: I agree. End of thread.

I read the stuff that appears on the "home" page, and I'm kind of surprised that there actually is anything else going on. Is there? Maybe I should widen my search.

Orbit

I'm a planet
The religious discussions that I'm interested in (mysticism, pan(en)theism, paganism) don't have much activity. I'm not really interested in Abrahamic religious debates. I like the diversity of topics on RF, though.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you

No