• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would You Sign Up To A National Registry of Atheists

Would You Sign Up To A National Registry of Atheists

• Yes, but only with a photograph

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I suppose I'll explain it. She said "silly americans" regarding the OP, implying that some kooky fundamentalist somehow reflects upon America as a whole. It was a ridiculous generalization, so I responded in kind to make a point. I hadn't realized it would've been difficult to grasp.
:D I got your point. I was just making a general "I don't tend to get jokes" statement.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I know I make things difficult by refusing to use emoticons.
Sigh. I held out for a long time too, but I've went over to the dark side. People started viewing my ::laugh:: and ::smile:: method of denoting emotions as archaic and irritating instead of cute and endearing. But you are welcome to try them out, since most people already find you cute and endearing.

lunakilo

How 'bout Da Baconer!
I like it, but I think it is to complcated for the general public who will also be viewing my title, and I foresee a lot of annoying quietions.

It sounds a bit more like a title fitting Revoltingest...

lunakilo

I suppose I'll explain it. She said "silly americans" regarding the OP, implying that some kooky fundamentalist somehow reflects upon America as a whole. It was a ridiculous generalization, so I responded in kind to make a point. I hadn't realized it would've been difficult to grasp.
And maybe "she" should explain that the "silly americans" was intended as an "this kind of thing only happens in america" (though I could be wrong about that :) ) comment, NOT as an "all americans are silly fundamentalists" comment.

Now the Danish Bacon Ambassador has tried to do her ambassadorial duty of trying to speak to the natives without offending them.
Her mind is elsewhere though, so she may not be succeding.

She is trying to figure out who to vote for in the Danish Parliamentary election today.
She has descided to vote for the party which in english is called the social liberal party (and which danish name she will for diplomatic reasons not translate) but hasn't settled on an actual person yet.

The Neo Nerd

I salute the three of you who would be brave enough to fully identify yourselves.

Even though i am not american i chose to vote HELLS NO, because i don't have any guns with which to protect myself.

I can't get past the thought that such a registry will be used in a kind of (someone help me here i'm ******, so my memory is shot to **** atm, what was the big communist witch hunt thing that the american government did to battle the communists, i think the panel was called the house of unamerican activities).

But anyway i feel it would be an exceptionally stupid idea to positively identify oneself.

-Q

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Meh....I just don't expect any trouble from the fundies.
The can already easily find many of us atheists now, yet I don't hear of any violence against us.
Our own government is a bigger problem by far....but that's another issue.

Tellurian

Did you hear about the free bacon for everyone who signs up for the Atheist Registry? I suspect this will lead to many non-Atheists signing up just to receive the free bacon.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Did you hear about the free bacon for everyone who signs up for the Atheist Registry? I suspect this will lead to many non-Atheists signing up just to receive the free bacon.
Meh, it was mediocre....thin, fatty, dull & a high moisture content.

cablescavenger

I put my non religious status on official documents like the census, because the information is used by govt to help them determine funding of religious organisations. Always up for a good cause!

pururun

cmiiw
wow if that happens that means my country acknowledge non-theism as accepted religious belief. that's cool

but i think staying undercover is better. some business is easier to deal with when you have "religious tag" in your profile, cast aside the thought of being hunted by some violent religious faction

Viker

Häxan
I get enough spam as is. And the mailbox at my home is not big enough for the flood of junk mail that would be the result. Besides, until there would be an actual national registry of non-atheists why should I register? Seems wrong just atheists doing so.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
[from the article]
Frankly, I don't see why anyone would oppose the idea - including the aetheists themselves
[/from the article]

Right...sure...you betcha. I'm pretty sure it's because earlier in the same article you mentioned you would preach at them, unless they were hard-hearted, in which case you'd economically sanction them. I'm just guessing.

So, hey, why don't we all just sign up with a name and photograph of Pastor Mike Stahl.

So...I'm an Aussie, and our prime minister is an ADMITTED atheist. Also doing a crappy job as a prime minister, imho, which is kinda a bummer, but whatever. I think I am afforded some protection from these sort of nutters until she is kicked out of office (probably some time next week).

Course, they are still teaching hardcore creationism in the science classes of some government schools. The world is kinda full of contradictions, isn't it?