• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would You Sign Up To A National Registry of Atheists

Would You Sign Up To A National Registry of Atheists

• Yes, but only with a photograph

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Who says all danes think so?
What's with the generalizing? Denmark has a the HUGE population of 5 million people, don't hold them all responsible for what I think ;)
No. You're their ambassador here.
Whatever you say is an indicator of what they all think.
So be careful, toots! You have a big responsibility.

IsmailaGodHasHeard

I am a christian and I do not believe that atheists should not have to sign up for something like that. The whole thing sounds like government control.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I am a christian and I do not believe that atheists should not have to sign up for something like that. The whole thing sounds like government control.
Actually, it's "crazy religious nut control"; government not involved as of this point (unless a lot of crazy religious nuts start clamoring for it to be...)

As for the OP, even if everyone had to register their particular brand of religion/non-religion, I still wouldn't be comfortable with it. Too open for abuse. But to suggest that only one group should have to do that? That's just flagrant persecution.

The Neo Nerd

I really don't like that this guy is liking atheists to paedophiles and criminals.

I really don't understand how people can be so wrapped up in their religion that they actively project hatred for those that don't believe the same thing they do.

-Q

IsmailaGodHasHeard

Actually, it's "crazy religious nut control"; government not involved as of this point (unless a lot of crazy religious nuts start clamoring for it to be...)

As for the OP, even if everyone had to register their particular brand of religion/non-religion, I still wouldn't be comfortable with it. Too open for abuse. But to suggest that only one group should have to do that? That's just flagrant persecution.

I agree. I oppose religious persecution of any form. It goes against the freedom of choice that God gave us.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If it's any consolation, I am an American and I even have trouble distinguishing when something is supposed to be funny or not. :D

I suppose I'll explain it. She said "silly americans" regarding the OP, implying that some kooky fundamentalist somehow reflects upon America as a whole. It was a ridiculous generalization, so I responded in kind to make a point. I hadn't realized it would've been difficult to grasp.