• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

would you sell your soul to satan if you could?

kloth

what would you want?
or if you tried already, what did you ask for?
or if you already sold it, what did you get as opposed to what you wanted?

take this as a hypothetical question if anything.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
what would you want?

Satan... I mean Santa... Esh, what do you think you sit on some horned-red-painted-saytr's lap and ask for presents? Satanism is about personal power not groveling like a spiritual slave. Do some Googling and come back here with that which you don't understand.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
what would you want?

Namaste,

In a heartbeat; for $500,000,000.

M.V.

ps - But, I don't think that is what "Satanism" is about; thus, I am agreeing with what MindMaster has stated...but, if Lucifer wished to grant me such a benevolence, I am down! ;)

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3417165 said:
Namaste,

M.V.

ps - But, I don't think that is what "Satanism" is about; thus, I am agreeing with what MindMaster has stated...but, if Lucifer wished to grant me such a benevolence, I am down! ;)

The only thing keeping you from getting any amount of money you can conceive of is your own mental state. If you think rich people are rich by going to school, getting a job, and working it thirty years then that is the real problem. Rich people can't "work a job" because they have to keep a pulse on at least ten different ventures. Think about what that means, and then apply the knowledge. :) You have to be unemployed to be rich basically since you have to be able to rapidly shift your attention to the local hot-spots.

kloth

Satan... I mean Santa... Esh, what do you think you sit on some horned-red-painted-saytr's lap and ask for presents? Satanism is about personal power not groveling like a spiritual slave. Do some Googling and come back here with that which you don't understand.
i don't need to search that because it's ancient news about what you informed me of and common knowledge.
thanks though.

but yes i picture satan with horns and stripper devils dancing around satan.

kloth

मैत्रावरुणिः;3417165 said:
Namaste,

M.V.

i was going to say Lucifer, but....

kloth

I wish you could.

Anyway, I would "sell my soul" for a long life and one billion dollars.

i still question why people need Satan to gain power. why not find your power on your own within yourself? especially if they don't believe Satan is a deity of any sort. :shrug:

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
i still question why people need Satan to gain power. why not find your power on your own within yourself? especially if they don't believe Satan is a deity of any sort. :shrug:

The basis of the word Satan means someone who is different from you. There was never a "Satan" diety until the Abrahamic religions came around. And even then Satan means "opposer" in Hebrew. Which can be taken literally as people that oppose Judaism, not neccesarily an entity.

The concept of Lucifer however has been around long before the Abrahamic faiths. He might be more apt to take your soul for a price, but then again he sacrificed himself so to speak in many stories, in order to provide human's a better life, not the other way around.

kloth

The basis of the word Satan means someone who is different from you. There was never a "Satan" diety until the Abrahamic religions came around. And even then Satan means "opposer" in Hebrew. Which can be taken literally as people that oppose Judaism, not neccesarily an entity.

The concept of Lucifer however has been around long before the Abrahamic faiths. He might be more apt to take your soul for a price, but then again he sacrificed himself so to speak in many stories, in order to provide human's a better life, not the other way around.

someone who is different? how would someone know if they are different from a complete stranger or strangers? i don't see satanists being any different from anyone else in society for the most part.

i was going to say Lucifer, but....
Glad you didn't :foot:

Satan is a symbol, not a being. A model in which to identify with. There is no Satan to sell anything to. Through this symbol their is empowerment to be found and through this empowerment 'can' come wealth and prosperity if that is what is desired.

Satan means 'adversary' from the Judaic word ha-satan. Satan is wisdom through adversity.

Lucifer is also a symbol and is a collective name for spiritual freedom and defiance of corrupt authority. Lucifer is not interested in your soul for a price either.

someone who is different? how would someone know if they are different from a complete stranger or strangers? i don't see satanists being any different from anyone else in society for the most part.
How many Satanists do you actually know? I know quite a few . . . they are not your typical sheeple.

kloth

Glad you didn't :foot:

Satan is a symbol, not a being. A model in which to identify with. There is no Satan to sell anything to. Through this symbol their is empowerment to be found and through this empowerment 'can' come wealth and prosperity if that is what is desired.

Satan means 'adversary' from the Judaic word ha-satan. Satan is wisdom through adversity.

Lucifer is also a symbol and is a collective name for spiritual freedom and defiance of corrupt authority. Lucifer is not interested in your soul for a price either.

How many Satanists do you actually know? I know quite a few . . . they are not your typical sheeple.
symbols? i don't get why people need symbols. no offense. i just don't see why people use artifacts when they have their own mind to use when it comes to gaining power of any form.
i have known plenty of satanists and they are everywhere where i live. no satanists is going to admit to being sheeple. (clever word though sheeple).
satanists are like everyone else in the regards of wanting to prove something, needing attention, trying to fit in. maybe not to the same level and same exact circumstance of style. but still having a need to have meaning, and selling out a little or a lot and going along with things to be a part of something or a certain group.
even the angry loner satanists seems to still some attention, etc.
that's how i see it though. :cool:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Guys, don't hijack the SatanismDIR.

ps - Mindmater, I loved your reply to my post a while back. My b that I didn't come across it earlier.

Titanic

मैत्रावरुणिः;3464783 said:

ps - Mindmater, I loved your reply to my post a while back. My b that I didn't come across it earlier.

Okay.

kloth

मैत्रावरुणिः;3464783 said:

what do you mean?

symbols? i don't get why people need symbols. no offense. i just don't see why people use artifacts when they have their own mind to use when it comes to gaining power of any form.
i have known plenty of satanists and they are everywhere where i live. no satanists is going to admit to being sheeple. (clever word though sheeple).
satanists are like everyone else in the regards of wanting to prove something, needing attention, trying to fit in. maybe not to the same level and same exact circumstance of style. but still having a need to have meaning, and selling out a little or a lot and going along with things to be a part of something or a certain group.
even the angry loner satanists seems to still some attention, etc.
that's how i see it though. :cool:
First off a symbol and an artifact are two different things. We all need and use symbology every day in everything we do, it's how we assign meaning to the objective universe . . . with symbols.

Satanism is still a very minute minority as far as religious beliefs go, so there really aren't as many as one might think, though I don't know where you live and there very well could be a preponderance of them about.

Most of who call themselves Satanists are not in fact Satanists, they are simply going through a 'rebellious phase' in their life and think it's cool and will '**** off' mom & dad.

Real Satanists are not trying to fit 'in' but rather the opposite, they are trying to get 'out' of what they find to be a pathetic society full of people not taking responsibility for their own actions. Being that the Self is most important to a Satanist they are then concerned only with proving their worth to themselves and not seeking approval of another.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
To expand on this "wisdom through adversity:"
wisdom - definition of wisdom by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
wisdom

1. The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.
2. Common sense; good judgment: "It is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things" (Henry David Thoreau).

3. a. The sum of learning through the ages; knowledge: "In those homely sayings was couched the collective wisdom of generations" (Maya Angelou).

b. Wise teachings of the ancient sages.

4. A wise outlook, plan, or course of action.​

The knowledge of good and evil.

adversity - definition of adversity by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
adversity [ədˈvɜːsɪtɪ]
n pl -ties
]1. distress; affliction; hardship

2. an unfortunate event or incident

{From adverse--contrary}
So "wisdom through adversity" is learning from your "sins," and developing good judgment from it. aka, "Eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."
It's a nice thing that distress is impermanent. ("if you eat of the fruit you shall surely die" is impermanence or the ending of distress)

Lucifer is also a symbol and is a collective name for spiritual freedom and defiance of corrupt authority.
See 1 Corinthians 6:3 {Please pardon the biblical references. These references are meant to contrast with the "sheeple" understanding from the bible.}

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
what would you want?

Would you buy your soul back from Satan if you could?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Would you buy your soul back from Satan if you could?
And now we are back to the idea of liberation again.

Do you think that the idea of "buying/selling/trading" souls/beings (slavery) falls under the idea of serving mammon (money) rather than serving god?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
And now we are back to the idea of liberation again.

Do you think that the idea of "buying/selling/trading" souls/beings (slavery) falls under the idea of serving mammon (money) rather than serving god?

im not allowed to comment in a dir