• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would You Save Jesus?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The two statement simply don't jibe. You don't wish hell on people whom you love.

If you can save Jesus in this scenario, you can save Caiaphas.

I save Jesus because he needs my help.
I can't save Caiaphas because he doesn't need my help. He decided to ruin his life, by doing Evil. And there is free will: he is not retarded. If he wants to go to Hell, let him go to Hell.
Who forced him to do Evil and consequently, go to Hell?

Are you saying that it's God who sends people to Hell? No dear. People go to Hell spontaneously. and there's nothing that you- or God- can do about it

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
If he wants to go to Hell, let him go to Hell.
helluva attitude toward someone you claim to love...
People go to Hell spontaneously. and there's nothing that you- or God- can do about it
Well... there was that whole Jesus thing. You know: the whole God gave God's son for the life of the world thing.

But I guess that doesn't count for anything in the Twinkytown you call "theology."

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Well... there was that whole Jesus thing. You know: the whole God gave God's son for the life of the world thing.

But I guess that doesn't count for anything in the Twinkytown you call "theology."

Wouldn't we assume God already has this power and God did nothing to save Jesus.

Gave gave his only begotten Son instead of saving him. So if we did choose to save Jesus, would that make us morally superior to God?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

in Another post you claim that his sacrifice was not necessary. In this, you say that it was necessary for the life of the world (?)....what about a definitive ideology on the matter?

sojourner

Wouldn't we assume God already has this power and God did nothing to save Jesus.

Gave gave his only begotten Son instead of saving him. So if we did choose to save Jesus, would that make us morally superior to God?
Jesus was given -- not given up. The problem here is isn't the moral questionability of God, it's the faux theology used as entrapment. It won't work.

sojourner

in Another post you claim that his sacrifice was not necessary. In this, you say that it was necessary for the life of the world (?)....what about a definitive ideology on the matter?
No, I didn't say that here. Read it again, Skeezix.

Ryujin

Dragon Worshipper
It would be my moral duty to save Jesus from execution if he was innocent.

He had been weighed, measured, and found wanting by the people of Jerusalem. Pontius pilate found him innocent, but had he freed him, he would've been acting like a tyrant. The people's will was that he be crucified and so, while it is an injustice, it was right that he be crucified.

So, no. I wouldn't save him.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

God didn't give anybody. He didn't decide to have Jesus crucified.
There is free will and God cannot interfere with freewill, because if he could, he would deprive us of our freedom
People are free to do good. and they are free to do evil too.
So God couldn't save Jesus, because he had to respect Caiaphas' will

And I don't hate Caiaphas. I really don't. But he's in Hell, now. And he decided to go to Hell, when he decided to be mean and to crucify lots of people (besides Jesus)

Domenic

If you traveled back into time, and God gave you the ability to alter the past but it was up to you what to do with it, and you saw the crucifixion, would you have stepped in and saved Jesus from being crucified, knowing the result would be you being fully responsible for your own sins and no savior involved, as well as the result being you prevented your God/Non-God Savior from suffering?

If you would, you're probably the most selfless person I'd know, because it'd be harder to get into heaven. If you wouldn't, could you say that you truly put Jesus before yourself?

I hear many Christians(sic) say they are going to Heaven? I'm slow so help me here? God created man to care for the earth, That would mean God made a plan that failed, so he changed it. Please point me to the scriptures that say the plan failed, and he changed it...I must be behind on all the news.