• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would You Rather Be An Angel Or A Demon?

CharmingOwl

So lately I have been enjoying this video which changes you from a human to an angel. This is supposed to change your astral body to a bright light and increases your psychic abilities, gives you a desire to ascend, and eliminates your interest in the physical world.

But I also like this video which turns you into an incubus. As a sex demon you have increased libido and can feed off of the sexual energy of others. It also makes it easier to seduce others when you are a demon in the astral planes.

I listened to both because I am a savage, and I find they compliment each other. I never really felt like having to pick a side between angels or demons since I am pagan and do not really see an inherent contradiction. They have been helping with the third eye and I notice people react differently to me depending on what energies I am putting out. Sometimes when people see me they run or get scared, other times they smile and flirt with me. I think this happens when people are reacting to energies I have or an astral form they don't realize they can see.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
That's really interesting. As things stand, I don't want to be either, but I could see points in the past where I'd possibly have wanted to be both(at different times).

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Oh the things I could do if I was Pinhead.

But Gabriel sounds fun too. Provided I was Christopher Walkin.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I wonder what it might be like playing each of them in one ear and at the same time via headphones. :oops:

PS Don't try this at home! :(

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Technically, demons - at least for Catholics - are angels, fallen angels. I once watched the episode ""Revelation: The Final Battle!" from the "Superbook" reboot, in which Lucifer was a very handsome blond with fancy raven wings, who obviously very much regretted being cast out of the ranks of God's angels, and very likely had a desire to return to them, but was denied this option by God's command. The series is aimed at children who are supposed to "hate" Lucifer, but I found him to be a very adult tragic hero. I felt sorry for him and I couldn't understand how God could forgive "anyone" except him, of all people, who might have needed it the most. But once you start thinking along these lines, you will soon have a can of worms regarding "God's justice" and all that goes with it. :rolleyes:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Technically, demons - at least for Catholics - are angels, fallen angels. I once watched the episode ""Revelation: The Final Battle!" from the "Superbook" reboot, in which Lucifer was a very handsome blond with fancy raven wings, who obviously very much regretted being cast out of the ranks of God's angels, and very likely had a desire to return to them, but was denied this option by God's command. The series is aimed at children who are supposed to "hate" Lucifer, but I found him to be a very adult tragic hero. I felt sorry for him and I couldn't understand how God could forgive "anyone" except him, of all people, who might have needed it the most. But once you start thinking along these lines, you will soon have a can of worms regarding "God's justice" and all that goes with it. :rolleyes:
Not just deliberate sinner Satan, but I also find his fallen angels and anyone committing the un-forgivable sin are never forgiven - Matthew 12:32
ALL the wicked whether angelic or human will be: destroyed forever - Psalms 37:38; Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I was talking about my own personal points in the past, not Biblical points of the past.
Thank you for your reply, The post was just meant as a comparison that could be with anyone's personal points.
Just to compare one's personal points or view with the personal points or view of the one way back in past Bible history.
To me such a comparison can be to just add to one's already fund of knowledge.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
So lately I have been enjoying this video which changes you from a human to an angel. This is supposed to change your astral body to a bright light and increases your psychic abilities, gives you a desire to ascend, and eliminates your interest in the physical world.

But I also like this video which turns you into an incubus. As a sex demon you have increased libido and can feed off of the sexual energy of others. It also makes it easier to seduce others when you are a demon in the astral planes.

I listened to both because I am a savage, and I find they compliment each other. I never really felt like having to pick a side between angels or demons since I am pagan and do not really see an inherent contradiction. They have been helping with the third eye and I notice people react differently to me depending on what energies I am putting out. Sometimes when people see me they run or get scared, other times they smile and flirt with me. I think this happens when people are reacting to energies I have or an astral form they don't realize they can see.
Neither. And that stuff is weird. I'd stay away from it, personally.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That's fiction, not theology or what Christianity teaches about it. His name isn't Lucifer, either. He's not some tragic hero. The demons could repent if they wanted to, but they won't. They're blinded by extreme hubris and hate God and humanity.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
That's fiction, not theology or what Christianity teaches about it. His name isn't Lucifer, either. He's not some tragic hero. The demons could repent if they wanted to, but they won't. They're blinded by extreme hubris and hate God and humanity.

So the Bible is not fiction?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I do not believe the Demons exist, but I believe that Angels exist, and I would like to be an Angel, although I think I am unworthy.

Interestingly, the Baha’i belief about what Angels are is the same as the Christian belief.
Cherubim/cherubs are angelic beings involved in the worship and praise of God.

"And now, concerning His words: “And He shall send His angels….” By “angels” is meant those who, reinforced by the power of the spirit, have consumed, with the fire of the love of God, all human traits and limitations, and have clothed themselves with the attributes of the most exalted Beings and of the Cherubim. That holy man, Ṣádiq, 37 in his eulogy of the Cherubim, saith: “There stand a company of our fellow-Shí’ihs behind the Throne.” Divers and manifold are the interpretations of the words “behind the Throne.” In one sense, they indicate that no true Shí’ihs exist. Even as he hath said in another passage: “A true believer is likened unto the philosopher’s stone.” Addressing subsequently his listener, he saith: “Hast thou ever seen the philosopher’s stone?” Reflect, how this symbolic language, more eloquent than any speech, however direct, testifieth to the non-existence of a true believer. Such is the testimony of Ṣádiq. And now consider, how unfair and numerous are those who, although they themselves have failed to inhale the fragrance of belief, have condemned as infidels those by whose word belief itself is recognized and established.

And now, inasmuch as these holy beings have sanctified themselves from every human limitation, have become endowed with the attributes of the spiritual, and have been adorned with the noble traits of the blessed, they therefore have been designated as “angels.” Such is the meaning of these verses, every word of which hath been expounded by the aid of the most lucid texts, the most convincing arguments, and the best established evidences."

The Kitáb-i-Íqán, pp. 78-80

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question: "What are cherubim? Are cherubs angels?"

Answer:
Cherubim/cherubs are angelic beings involved in the worship and praise of God. The cherubim are first mentioned in the Bible in Genesis 3:24, “After He drove the man out, He placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.” Prior to his rebellion, Satan was a cherub (Ezekiel 28:12-15). The tabernacle and temple along with their articles contained many representations of cherubim (Exodus 25:17-22; 26:1, 31; 36:8; 1 Kings 6:23-35; 7:29-36; 8:6-7; 1 Chronicles 28:18; 2 Chronicles 3:7-14; 2 Chronicles 3:10-13; 5:7-8; Hebrews 9:5).

Chapters 1 and 10 of the book of Ezekiel describe the “four living creatures” (Ezekiel 1:5) as the same beings as the cherubim (Ezekiel 10). Each had four faces—that of a man, a lion, an ox, and an eagle (Ezekiel 1:10; also 10:14)—and each had four wings. In their appearance, the cherubim “had the likeness of a man” (Ezekiel 1:5). These cherubim used two of their wings for flying and the other two for covering their bodies (Ezekiel 1:6, 11, 23). Under their wings the cherubim appeared to have the form, or likeness, of a man's hand (Ezekiel 1:8; 10:7-8, 21).

The imagery of Revelation 4:6-9 also seems to be describing cherubim. The cherubim serve the purpose of magnifying the holiness and power of God. This is one of their main responsibilities throughout the Bible. In addition to singing God's praises, they also serve as a visible reminder of the majesty and glory of God and His abiding presence with His people.

Recommended Resources: Angels: Elect & Evil by C. Fred Dickason and Logos Bible Software.

What are cherubim? Are cherubs angels? | GotQuestions.org