• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would You Rather Be An Angel Or A Demon?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
That is also what I would like to be doing.

I have personal beliefs about what is happening in the spirit world based on my knowledge as a psychic medium and spiritualist, but neither my spirit guides nor the earthbound spirits I've spoken with have been very forthcoming with precise information about what is happening in the spirit realm. As I shared before, there have been earthbound spirits who have asked me why they aren't in heaven yet or where God or Jesus are, but I haven't received precise answers as to whether God is real or if there are other deities in the spirit world as well. The spirits I've asked either refuse to answer my questions or quickly change the subject. My spirit guides, on the other hand, have been genuinely honest with me and have told me that I will need to wait and see for myself. I have, however, been able to learn from what I've been told over the years by my spirit guides that human spirits are able to evolve and grow in knowledge in the spirit world, which is why I said that I'd like to evolve into one after I enter the spirit world. It is consistent with my spiritualist beliefs.

And, as a psychic medium, I know that there are specific spirit guides who assist human spirits in communicating with the living and crossing over into the spirit world. I've encountered and spoken with angelic spirit guides as well as human spirits who appeared to have attained a higher plane of existence on the other side. I've often worked with both of these spirit guides when I've had difficulty understanding a spirit's mental message or convincing a lost and confused spirit to cross over. They are kind and caring and come to me whenever I need their help. As a medium, I feel as though I have a spiritual connection with these spirit guides whenever I am with them and conversing with them. I feel as if I know them and they know me. It's similar to the feeling I get when I know a good friend.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
And, as a psychic medium, I know that there are specific spirit guides who assist human spirits in communicating with the living and crossing over into the spirit world. I've encountered and spoken with angelic spirit guides as well as human spirits who appeared to have attained a higher plane of existence on the other side. I've often worked with both of these spirit guides when I've had difficulty understanding a spirit's mental message or convincing a lost and confused spirit to cross over. They are kind and caring and come to me whenever I need their help. As a medium, I feel as though I have a spiritual connection with these spirit guides whenever I am with them and conversing with them. I feel as if I know them and they know me. It's similar to the feeling I get when I know a good friend.
As you know, I am not a psychic medium, but I believe that there are psychic mediums who can communicate with spirits who have crossed over into the spiritual world. I also believe there are psychic mediums like you who assist earthbound spirits in crossing over into the spirit world. I also believe there are spirits in the spiritual world who assist other spirits who are on lower planes of existence to get to higher planes of existence.

In the book called Private Dowding, assisting other spirits is called 'working in the borderland.' The borderland is the dividing line between earth and the spiritual world. Speaking to the psychic medium, towards the end of the book Dowding said:

“I was very sorry to leave your world, but I have many friends here and can work usefully. I have no more regrets and shall hope to be of service in the borderland where thousands remain in ignorance and misery.”
Private Dowding, p. 72

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
As you know, I am not a psychic medium, but I believe that there are psychic mediums who can communicate with spirits who have crossed over into the spiritual world. I also believe there are psychic mediums like you who assist earthbound spirits in crossing over into the spirit world. I also believe there are spirits in the spiritual world who assist other spirits who are on lower planes of existence to get to higher planes of existence.

In the book called Private Dowding, assisting other spirits is called 'working in the borderland.' The borderland is the dividing line between earth and the spiritual world. Speaking to the psychic medium, towards the end of the book Dowding said:

“I was very sorry to leave your world, but I have many friends here and can work usefully. I have no more regrets and shall hope to be of service in the borderland where thousands remain in ignorance and misery.”
Private Dowding, p. 72

There are some spiritualists who believe that a person can psychologically access their sixth sense and learn how to become a psychic medium through extensive meditation and study, but I'm not convinced that's true. I've never met another medium who wasn't born with natural psychic abilities, and their mediumship evolved over time as they learned how to sufficiently control it instead of it controlling them. I can tell you for sure that living with untamed mediumship can be a nightmare that you can't wake up from. It was in my life for years until I accepted my abilities and learned how to control them.

I have mentored my 20-year-old daughter, whose mediumship abilities are virtually on par with mine, as well as my other children, who each have varying degrees of clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, and claircognizance. I also mentor a couple of younger mediums whom I met through my mentor.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have mentored my 20-year-old daughter, whose mediumship abilities are virtually on par with mine, as well as my other children, who each have varying degrees of clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, and claircognizance. I also mentor a couple of younger mediums whom I met through my mentor.
I wonder if these abilities are inherited, or do you think your children learned them from you?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I wonder if these abilities are inherited, or do you think your children learned them from you?

According to the experienced mediums whom I know and trust to be genuine, these abilities are inherited and passed down from the mother's side. Other mediums, whom I haven't met but believe to be genuine as well, have validated this belief. But, as this article, "Is Psychic Ability or Mediumship Inherited?" explains, there have been times under rare circumstances where psychic mediumship abilities will appear out of nowhere or after a near-death experience.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I could never be a demon or an angel, unless you cut out part of my brain. Demons are insane. Angels are extraordinarily satisfied.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
It sounds like I might have potential to be both at the same time!
I'm not quite sure that's possible. As a psychic medium, I've only seen three demonic entities and two angelic beings since my mediumship abilities manifested themselves when I was six years old and I saw my first human spirit. I've only spoken directly to one of the demonic entities; the other two ignored my presence, as did the angelic beings I saw walking through a field out in the country. I got the impression they didn't want to be bothered.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
According to the experienced mediums whom I know and trust to be genuine, these abilities are inherited and passed down from the mother's side. Other mediums, whom I haven't met but believe to be genuine as well, have validated this belief. But, as this article, "Is Psychic Ability or Mediumship Inherited?" explains, there have been times under rare circumstances where psychic mediumship abilities will appear out of nowhere or after a near-death experience.
Thanks. That is very interesting. Sometimes I wish I had those abilities for specific purposes but I don't think I would want spirits contacting me all the time.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Thanks. That is very interesting. Sometimes I wish I had those abilities for specific purposes but I don't think I would want spirits contacting me all the time.
Pretty much all of the time: in my house, at a relative's or friend's house, inside my car, in my front yard or a neighbor's yard, walking down the side of the street or along the highway, walking around my neighborhood, at the grocery store, at Wal-Mart, in a parking lot, at a park, at the lake, in the library, in a convenience store, in a restaurant, in a movie theater, at the zoo, and even of all places, in the ladies bathroom. And that's not to mention all the other common places where I often see spirits, such as a cemetery, a funeral home, an antique store, a thrift store, a museum, an historic landmark like a Civil War battlefield, an historic house or building, and a Native American burial ground. As I was saying earlier, earthbound human spirits are all around us.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Angels and demons are the same type of beings. Coming from a Christian background, the bible states at least this much. The Devil and his angels are referred to as demons. This is how I understand it. Succubus' and Incubus' are the same but differ in gender. We all have the ability to utilize these principalities as humans in our day to day, and we do so quite naturally. The mind is a terrible thing to waste, or so I've been told. It's powerful too. At the end of the day, I am what I am, and I'll become what I become. I think the point is to be an honest self and to allow ourselves enough liberty to help foster growth from our experiences. As we lean on one type to another type as sentient beings, we become more aware of our own character and personality type, somewhere between angels and demons. I think balance would be a nice medium ...the equal yoke of connecting to the spirit world.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Angels and demons are the same type of beings. Coming from a Christian background, the bible states at least this much. The Devil and his angels are referred to as demons.
They are the same in the sense that they are both spiritual beings, but some angels are good and some angels (demons) are evil.

Angels are personal spiritual beings who have intelligence, emotions, and will. This is true of both the good and evil angels (demons). Angels possess intelligence (Matthew 8:29; 2 Corinthians 11:3; 1 Peter 1:12), show emotion (Luke 2:13; James 2:19; Revelation 12:17), and exercise will (Luke 8:28-31; 2 Timothy 2:26; Jude 6). Angels are spirit beings (Hebrews 1:14) without true physical bodies. Although they do not have physical bodies, they are still personalities.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
They are the same in the sense that they are both spiritual beings, but some angels are good and some angels (demons) are evil.

Angels are personal spiritual beings who have intelligence, emotions, and will. This is true of both the good and evil angels (demons). Angels possess intelligence (Matthew 8:29; 2 Corinthians 11:3; 1 Peter 1:12), show emotion (Luke 2:13; James 2:19; Revelation 12:17), and exercise will (Luke 8:28-31; 2 Timothy 2:26; Jude 6). Angels are spirit beings (Hebrews 1:14) without true physical bodies. Although they do not have physical bodies, they are still personalities.

Humans aren't much different, aside from being more temporal - I wonder if the battle of principalities are dependent upon us in the temporal world. Our terrestrial types connecting with the celestial, and the declines and increases that result from the differences between. Balance seems appropriate to me, given that self preservation tends to rule the process of growth and development. Do the celestial spirits (angels) depend on us to exercise traits possessed, whether we deem them to be good or evil?

Which win out, why, and how is the question. Good, evil, or both (Angels, Demons, or the temporal mediums they live by, in, and through.)? Another question I have is do these celestial entities have the ability to change in character via similar connections, and what might motivate them to do so? I value characteristics on both sides of the equation, but this is due to present day realities and past experiences, then on to connecting dots to potential outcomes in the future. I like the opening post - Which would you choose and why?