• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you merry a performer who travels?

Riders

I would not. All the bars parties being alone without me it just too big of a temptation to sleep around and drink too much at parties.

I've seen too much about elvis jerry lee and the like to go down that road.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I assume merry was a misprint for marry.

I am already married but i know people with experience of this scenario.

Marrying someone who works away, particularly in the entertainment industry, playing away from home is expected. The stay at home partner knew this before the marriage so unless promises have been made I don't think it should be a problem.

Don't marry someone like that of you are the jealous type.

PureX

Veteran Member
Especially these day, the life of a performer does not necessitate any of those behaviors. Some live that way, but many do not. Most folks are far more health conscious these days than they were in the past, and touring is hard enough without adding that kind of heavy partying lifestyle to it.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes. I was such a performer that, thought I didn't tour, was loyal to my partner despite the opportunities that presented themselves (though I probably did drink too much).

Just because some performers are promiscuous jerks doesn't mean all of them are.

Riders

Well I read some about and saw documentaries on Van Halen.
Valerie Bertinelli Eddie Van Halens wife said the main reason she divorced him was because of cocain addiction.

She also admitted to having an affair on him

She never said anything about the women he was with. But it was well known he had a butload of women all the time.

Tobecontinued

Riders

I suspect she never had a problem with the women which was why she never said anything about it.but she probably had an agreement about allowing him to have his women.

Riders

What about Diddy does anyone have an opinion about Diddy?Didn't he get caught recently with sex trafficking?if he did that I hope he gets the full arm of the law

Riders

Well throat and ears are killing me.i talk to my nurse practitioner about getting an antibiotic for it. We will see if she tests me for covid.

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
I would not. All the bars parties being alone without me it just too big of a temptation to sleep around and drink too much at parties.

I've seen too much about elvis jerry lee and the like to go down that road.
I'd rather have a partner who doesn't travel

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Don't forget that you would also be left alone to get up to anything you wish.

In my experience that's something that can't be too highly valued.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Yes, because I know that most touring artists are not living some rockstar cliche and I wouldn't be married to someone I couldn't trust. I also don't mind the distance, as I don't need someone in my face all the time, as long as we communicated daily. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, and all the pent up energy is bound to need a release when they come home. ;)

Also, you can go with them on tour or meet up with them on a vacation. It's not like you can never see them. You just find a way to make it work, as many people do.