• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you marry a blind person?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If a blind person fell in love with you, what qualities would they need to have for you to marry them?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Fun fact - close to 1 in 10 people of Northern European decent (mostly males) are blind; colorblind, that is.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
If a blind person fell in love with you, what qualities would they need to have for you to marry them?
All the things I would expect seeing people to be: Respectful of others, responsible, caring, understanding, good at communicating both ways, has their own life with their own interests and passions. Bonus points if we share the same faith.

siti

If my wife had been blind and I'd been deaf we'd have made a perfect couple.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Fun fact - close to 1 in 10 people of Northern European decent (mostly males) are blind; colorblind, that is.

One of my best friends is colour blind, he is an exceptional
aquarelliste (water colour artist)

His field of cows in the colours of the french flag was a sensation

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If my wife had been blind and I'd been deaf we'd have made a perfect couple.

My husband was recently diagnosed with some hearing loss in the frequency range of 150 to 280 hertz.

The female voice typically has a fundimental frequency between 165 and 155 hz.

A medical reason why he ignores me most of the time is no excuse.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
By feeling my face, I don't think she would get an idea of how ugly I am :D
This is interesting and I do not understand. I think I have seen pictures of you and I believe the thumbnail picture of you is really you. Someone might say, "you are fishing for compliments", which, by the way, is a rude thing to say, imo. And so, and so, you are wrong. You are wrong and I am right. Get used to it. You are a handsome young man. (I am a hot old lady*). Maybe? I should shut up?

*That was Satan. I am sure.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Same qualities as a non-blind person. No difference at all.
However, I would want to educate myself on the practicalities of living with a blind person, due to my own ignorance. Have to be aware of the practicalities of any relationship.

(simple example, my work involves travel, which I am sure my now wife considered as a pro/con when deciding if she wanted to marry me. However I don't think it effected whether she loved me in and of itself)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
My husband was recently diagnosed with some hearing loss in the frequency range of 150 to 280 hertz.

The female voice typically has a fundimental frequency between 165 and 155 hz.

A medical reason why he ignores me most of the time is no excuse.
You only need to practice talking in a deeper voice. Or keep a supply of sulfur hexafluouride on hand:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I think the main problem is finding a situation where you actually meet a blind girl that not already spoken for.
Falling in love is a totally blind process anyway, it is not a choice.