• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

would you live...

PHOTOTAKER

i have always hard the question would you die for Jesus Christ... But i would like to know would if you live for him take up the cross and live in love, charity and faith?

I am reading a book called Become More Christlike; the author (Brent L. Top) make a point that The only way to die for Christ is to live and keep all of the commandments... all of them not just some of the commandments part of the time; but all of the commandments all of the time; live the commandments... so would you live for Christ?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
PHOTOTAKER said:
i have always hard the question would you die for Jesus Christ... But i would like to know would if you live for him take up the cross and live in love, charity and faith?

I am reading a book called Become More Christlike; the author (Brent L. Top) make a point that The only way to die for Christ is to live and keep all of the commandments... all of them not just some of the commandments part of the time; but all of the commandments all of the time; live the commandments... so would you live for Christ?

Jesus did tell us to "take up our cross and follow." A cross can only kill you if it's planted in the ground...

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
PHOTOTAKER said:

I am sorry, I can be very dense at times; I can't understand what you are actually asking us.....what would you have us answer to?

PHOTOTAKER

luke 18 18-23
18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is agood, save one, that is, God.

20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, dHonour thy father and thy mother.

21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.

22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.

this is a good example: i'm not say to give everything up to follow Christ but would you do the things that he did, like not judge, but forgive; would you help those in need, even though it would comment great hardship on you and your family; would you teach instead of preach the gospel of Jesus Christ; would you learn, learn all that you can about the gospel of Jesus Christ; and would you seek that which glorifies God... would you live in conjunction to that which Christ has shown us how to live a righteous life?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I wouldn't stake my life on it. HeeHee

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. That was terrible.:D:D
phototaker: No one is perfect. Jesus was the only perfect person, we can only make an honest effort to "walk in his footsteps".
So I'll ask right back to you, "live the commandments... so would you live for Christ?"
Since you brought up this subject can you be an example of what you mean?
Show us please.