• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you Like Their to be a True Religion?

Would You Like Their to be a True Religion?

• Yes

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

lostwanderingsoul

Jesus said He would establish His church and so that is obviously the true religion. So it is not a matter of what one likes. the problem is finding what religion is the one Jesus established. this applies to everyone equally, even atheists, because they have not found any religion but that does not stop it from existing

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Would you lie their to be a true religion and if so what would you like it be?

There is a true religion: we create or follow others who create their purpose and meaning of life. We experience wholeness an attribute it to whom or whatever we belieive in. We practice based on our experiences and beliefs. The details depend on the person; but, the point is the same.

Getting to our true nature is the True Religion. No one holds an monopoly on our purpose in life and how we become whole by living and practicing our faith within our lives and/or the next.

Seeker of Ka

Asetian
Jesus said He would establish His church and so that is obviously the true religion. So it is not a matter of what one likes. the problem is finding what religion is the one Jesus established. this applies to everyone equally, even atheists, because they have not found any religion but that does not stop it from existing

Evidance please, if you could find evidance then everyone would be Christian, POed at the Christisn God, or Theistic Satansit.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If any religion needs to attempt to convince anyone of truth, that religion isn't worth a hill of beans. A true religion would be one that dosent require it to convince anyone whatsoever that It's true. It would be a mute point. That would be the one I'd choose.

Deidre

Interesting question.

I'd love for a religion to exist that accepts everyone for who they are, and embraces everyone as they are. Legally, there are laws of which we all need to uphold. I believe that most laws are common sense, and can all be a composite of 'treat others as you wish to be treated.' Therefore, instructing people as to how to live 'moral' lives etc...would be a moot point, as part of this religion.

Unfortunately, too many religions divide, but maybe this brand new one would extinguish that attribute.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
I voted yes.
I couldn't care less about whichever God existing, that is irrelevant to who I am.
But, I want to know. So only on the basis of knowledge, yes, I do wish that we could identify a correct religion.
That is, assuming any are correct.

Jumi

Just one true religion that holds the Absolute Copyrighted Truth or multiple religions that are true?

dust1n

Zindīq
That depends on the nature of this religion. If it is like any of the ones humans have invented so far, the universe wouldn't be rendered even more stupid and absurd then it already is, and I'd probably just take my life. Oh wait, dangit, I can't cause of this pesky soul thing.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
no religious and gods destroy and insult the beauty of life, existence, nature, etc

Yerda

Veteran Member
It would have to be so that noone could ever use it to justify attrocious behaviour and given that we are gifted at interpreting in favour of our interests I doubt such a thing is possible. In principle though if there could be a 'true' religion that could stop people being mental and killing and persecuting and such then yes, I would.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
** Staff Reminder **

This thread is posted in the non-theism DIR. If you're not a non-theist, please remember to only respond with respectful questions as per Rule 10.

Druac

Devout Atheist
Can there be a "True Religion"? What does that even mean? True, as in facts and reality? Or true, as in what you 'believe' to be true?

Yerda

Veteran Member
Can there be a "True Religion"? What does that even mean? True, as in facts and reality? Or true, as in what you 'believe' to be true?
I took it to mean something like, there is some set of religious claims that are infact the case.

Druac

Devout Atheist
Well...reading the primary definitions of the word "religion" and the primary definitions of the word "true"...I find the figure of speech "a True Religion" to be an oxymoron.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
True to oneself would be closest to a true religion I think. It can contain any of those characteristics or none. The approaches are so multifaceted in nature that would quality as true religion, it depends upon as to where the nature of the question lies.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

What I think would qualify as a "true religion" would be one where "God"(whatever that means) delivers enough information to humans to allow them to consistently choose what is in their own best interests.

The lack of such is a demonstrable fact. That's why I don't believe in religion, and don't believe people who insist that they "know God".
Tom

Milton Platt

If there is or ever was one true religion, Christianity is no more likely than the rest. They all equally lack credibility.

Jumi

A true religion would be a religion that had teachings that were true. That means they could be proven and it would become science with directly observable results. They could make new inventions that pass current scientific understanding. Is that what is proposed?