• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would You Leave?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I could quote several scriptures
but for this question....refer to what you rely on

Would you leave?......if your God spoke to you

You might consider the place and circumstance of the moment

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, we all get to leave this life.

Meanwhile, we all get the choice to understand that God speaks to us all the time.

It is a connection of heat and mind.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are you defining "speak" in the literal sense or figuratively?

In the Spirit, that is how God talks to us. While there is a Messenger on this earth we get to hear God from those lips. After they pass, it is a connection of Heart Mind and Soul.

We pray, we meditate and God answers.

If we neglect this, God guides.

Regards Tony

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
In the Spirit, that is how God talks to us. While there is a Messenger on this earth we get to hear God from those lips. After they pass, it is a connection of Heart Mind and Soul.

If God felt it necessary to speak to us in human words, wouldn't it make more sense for him to have a full time messenger on this earth, or at least have one ready to take the baton as the other passes? Why the gap between messengers?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If God felt it necessary to speak to us in human words, wouldn't it make more sense for him to have a full time messenger on this earth, or at least have one ready to take the baton as the other passes? Why the gap between messengers?

Free will is a part of this Matrix. If it was handed to us on a plate, then we would not have the bounty to make a choice.

Christ gave this concept as being born again, a birth that death does not overtake. Baha'u'llah has confirmed true life is that of the Spirit.

Man has been created at the end of imperfection and the beginning of perfection, with all perfection latent within us. We are given this life to foster that perfection. the world is the matrix to acheive this.

There is no real separation between this world and the Spiritual World. All the Messengers are right there, all around us.

Regards Tony

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Free will is a part of this Matrix. If it was handed to us on a plate, then we would not have the bounty to make a choice.

But isn't this what happens when a messenger is present? With this rationale, why would God send messengers at all?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But isn't this what happens when a messenger is present? With this rationale, why would God send messengers at all?

They are sent at the change of an age, they are sent to change the mindset of peoples. They come to warn of the consequences of not applying that change. It is only through them, acceptance of them, that we can know God.

Gods Covenant is that He will send His guidance from age to age. Our part of that covenant is acceptance.

Covenant (biblical) - Wikipedia

We are not aware, but each Messenger brings a New Heaven and a New Earth, which then becomes the standard we are set to live by.

Regards Tony

Thief

Rogue Theologian
so.....it is written....

....go to your closet and close the door
and the Spirit that knows you, will hear you

if that Spirit happens to answer your prayer

Would you leave?

in fear you would flee?
in curiosity.....you would stay?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I could quote several scriptures
but for this question....refer to what you rely on

Would you leave?......if your God spoke to you

You might consider the place and circumstance of the moment
Is this about Brexit?

I am firmly in the Remain side, although I understand that there are people who wonder why I even care.

I just do. We all exist in the same planet, and our economic and social needs are essentially intertwined, despite a lot of people loving to establish very artificial national boundaries.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I have no God (that crosses out prophets, sons, messengers, manifestations and mahdis). Sure, old is replaced by new, that is the way of the world. I already have those who will replace me. So what worry?

Last edited: