• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you go back in time to see if your religion was correct, if it meant you could not return

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
...although it does sound like fun to go back to 10BC with 21st century knowledge and then use that knowledge to climb up the hierarchy of ancient Rome and become a legendary emperor....

On the other hand.... The knowledge might overwhelm them so much to the point that they'ld just kill me for being an evil wizard or something.

hmmm.

:)

Audie

Veteran Member
...although it does sound like fun to go back to 10BC with 21st century knowledge and then use that knowledge to climb up the hierarchy of ancient Rome and become a legendary emperor....

On the other hand.... The knowledge might overwhelm them so much to the point that they'ld just kill me for being an evil wizard or something.

hmmm.

:)

Mark Twain, "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court"

Audie

Veteran Member
i would go back to witness krishna and even if it were a two way trip i wouldn't return lol..but not to find out if its true just to see krishna . or guru nanak or jesus

IF you could even find "Jesus", which is by no
means certain, you then find him to be just another
guy...? Does not seem worth doing.

I mean, aside from that your life there and then
would be very difficult while it lasted.

RoaringSilence

IF you could even find "Jesus", which is by no
means certain, you then find him to be just another
guy...? Does not seem worth doing.

I mean, aside from that your life there and then
would be very difficult while it lasted.
A guy who forgives people that nail'd him is definitely not just a guy... ive met many guru's in india who are adept , and i met a rare one during my teens , that guy / guru had exceptional aura his tone was soft , his eyes were bliss-ed out when he spoke. he was about 60+ of age .. i took his blessings and felt like a feather for the entire month after ... im pretty sure if one is sensitive enough you can sense the distinct from the crowd.
when you're materialistic your brain frequency is anal retentive lol , i ve felt both sides enough to know this.

whenever i recall that guy i still feel light ,calm ..

Audie

Veteran Member
A guy who forgives people that nail'd him is definitely not just a guy... ive met many guru's in india who are adept , and i met a rare one during my teens , that guy / guru had exceptional aura his tone was soft , his eyes were bliss-ed out when he spoke. he was about 60+ of age .. i took his blessings and felt like a feather for the entire month after ... im pretty sure if one is sensitive enough you can sense the distinct from the crowd.
when you're materialistic your brain frequency is anal retentive lol , i ve felt both sides enough to know this.

whenever i recall that guy i still feel light ,calm ..

You are assuming the stories are true.

And going for sorry azz cheap shot insult.
Real enlightened.

RoaringSilence

You are assuming the stories are true.

And going for sorry azz cheap shot insult.
Real enlightened.
well , lets say the stories are not true... but you have to then...CREDIT A HUMAN BEING for coming up with the IDEA of FORGIVING a torturer ...and loving enemies.

so the author of the bible even if it was a human being had EXCEPTIONAL MORALS for those times and nothing like that compares to the modern human morals or values of date.
im not insulting anyone .honestly.

i give the same response to those that ask what if bhagwat geeta was written by humans...i say fine...a book 5000 years old had a civilization with such values that we can't match even till date...then its still a wonder.

Audie

Veteran Member
well , lets say the stories are not true... but you have to then...CREDIT A HUMAN BEING for coming up with the IDEA of FORGIVING a torturer ...and loving enemies.

so the author of the bible even if it was a human being had EXCEPTIONAL MORALS for those times and nothing like that compares to the modern human morals or values of date.
im not insulting anyone .honestly.

i give the same response to those that ask what if bhagwat geeta was written by humans...i say fine...a book 5000 years old had a civilization with such values that we can't match even till date...then its still a wonder.

If the ideal is to forgive everyone and anyone, then
it is not so tough to include everyone.

That is just not that hard to think up.

There are a lot of moral values in the bible.
Some of them stink.

And none of the morality is unique, other
cultures came up with the same things.

Ideals can never be achieved.

If you cannot even figure out how insulting
what you said is, I hardly know what to say.

RoaringSilence

If the ideal is to forgive everyone and anyone, then
it is not so tough to include everyone.

That is just not that hard to think up.

There are a lot of moral values in the bible.
Some of them stink.

And none of the morality is unique, other
cultures came up with the same things.

Ideals can never be achieved.

If you cannot even figure out how insulting
what you said is, I hardly know what to say.
what?? what did i insult?? who did i insult anywhere? i did use "anal retentive" and i said ive felt both vibes ..ive drowned in materialistic chases and i've been in and out myself included ...so its just an adjective for the vibe i felt on each side. dint imply that others are anal retentive..but that's how i felt when i was chasing my lustful goals..

TRY this ... ive literally tried this and felt how powerful that message is ... Forgive everyone that you feel has mess'd with you... and see how you feel the next day.

PS- include me in the list of people u forgive even tho i dint insult you.. just forgive me lol :)

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe in returning but I am all in for all kinds of time travel adventures. I can rough it. I was a boy scout and used an out house. I would want all my shots beforehand though because extinct diseases would not be back then. It would also be nice to have an eternal life to do it in since there is a lot of history.

Audie

Veteran Member
what?? what did i insult?? who did i insult anywhere? i did use "anal retentive" and i said ive felt both vibes ..ive drowned in materialistic chases and i've been in and out myself included ...so its just an adjective for the vibe i felt on each side. dint imply that others are anal retentive..but that's how i felt when i was chasing my lustful goals..

TRY this ... ive literally tried this and felt how powerful that message is ... Forgive everyone that you feel has mess'd with you... and see how you feel the next day.

PS- include me in the list of people u forgive even tho i dint insult you.. just forgive me lol :)

terrif. say whatever you like then it is up to others
to fogrive you. bye