• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you date an underweight woman or man?

Would you date an underweight person?

• Yes

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Probably

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Probably Not

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Suppose you like someone's personality, have fun, but the person is underweight . Like, you can see a good portion of the ribs but they're not starved-looking. A woman perhaps isn't too curvy, maybe a bit flat-chested, kind of scrawny. A man doesn't have much muscle or fat, kind of scrawny. How much does it weigh on your opinion of a relationship?

For example on this image, the pictures corresponding to a BMI of 19, or a bit skinnier like at 18 at the lowest are what I'm thinking of as "underweight" for the purpose of the discussion, but not quite as underweight as the furthest left pictures corresponding to a 17 BMI.

BMI2.jpg

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I voted yes.

For me some people fit with that kind of shape fairly well. I've found many women looking like that very attractive.

Generally, what matters to me more is how well the person's general appearance strikes me, rather than any particular details. Apparent ribs, flat-chest or little curves would not be a necessary turn off.

Kerr

Voted yes. That said, I find it a bit... freaky... when too much of peoples bones are showing.

Treks

My husband was underweight when we started dating and now he's overweight. I don't mind either way, he's an absolutely wonderful person. :D

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I physically prefer bigger people, but I would date an underweight person if our personalities meshed well. Then again, I guess I would date anyone if our personalities meshed (regardless of body type).

Huey09

He who struggles with God
I physically prefer bigger people, but I would date an underweight person if our personalities meshed well. Then again, I guess I would date anyone if our personalities meshed (regardless of body type).
I concur, I prefer the mind of the person not so much the body:D

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
There's definitely gotta be attraction to personality as well as appearance. If I really like a girl, then I really like that girl as a whole. I've been attracted to girls that fit the 19 BMI on that chart (also the 25). Sometimes I think people are just built that way; it isn't unnatural for them. If I didn't exercise, I would probably look like a 19, that's just my genetics. I have definitely seen girls that are too skinny for my taste though.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For people that say they only care about the mind and not the body, are you entirely bisexual then? Or does the person's sex matter?

Because I'd personally never say that looks don't matter to me, since I prefer dudes, and tend to only date dudes, so already I'm judging half of the population based on appearance.

Titanic

I voted no. I like women that have great breasts and curves. Also a little jiggle in the buns is a good thing too. While at the same time being fit and in good shape. I know it is shallow but hell at least I admit it. I am 22 so that might have something to do with it.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
According to a UK survey, size 12 is about the ideal size for women from the perspective of men. The least-liked size was the skinniest.

women%27s%20ideal%20body%20size%20for%20men.jpg

Source.

Last edited:

Huey09

He who struggles with God
For people that say they only care about the mind and not the body, are you entirely bisexual then? Or does the person's sex matter?

Because I'd personally never say that looks don't matter to me, since I prefer dudes, and tend to only date dudes, so already I'm judging half of the population based on appearance.
I apologize my preference is a woman I can connect with mentally. I guess I didn't make that really clear and may now sound hypocritical...my bad:D

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I apologize my preference is a woman I can connect with mentally. I guess I didn't make that really clear and may now sound hypocritical...my bad:D
Normally you don't have to make that clear, I just like picking at details. ;)

So even if a guy had the exact personality you tend to like in a woman, it would be a non-starter as far as dating goes, right? Because of the body?

I'm the same way, basically. I kind of rule out women as dating partners despite their personalities, because I prefer men, physically. So I find it interesting if people say they don't care much about the body- I think almost all of us care very much about the body except for bisexual/pansexual people (and most of them would care about the attractiveness of the body even if not the sex). I would say having a sexual orientation already means that the body matters for that person.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In that pic, size 8 and 10 would be my ideal size. I didn't pick between them because i think 10 is in a more flattering pose. Based on how i imagine 8 to look like in that pose, there's really no difference for me between them, in terms of how hot i'd find them.

I'd totally date the size 6, if i liked her generally, and i wouldn't feel like i'm sacrificing or something. She's very hot.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In that pic, size 8 and 10 would be my ideal size. I didn't pick between them because i think 10 is in a more flattering pose. Based on how i imagine 8 to look like in that pose, there's really no difference for me between them, in terms of how hot i'd find them.

I'd totally date the size 6, if i liked her generally, and i wouldn't feel like i'm sacrificing or something. She's very hot.
I think all six of them are very attractive women. The size 14 woman seems a bit cheated due to the bland pose compared to the others; I suspect that would have cost her some votes. I'm kind of surprised at how wide of a margin the size 12 woman won by. There's barely any bell curve, just a huge spike in the middle for her.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Suppose you like someone's personality, have fun, but the person is underweight . Like, you can see a good portion of the ribs but they're not starved-looking. A woman perhaps isn't too curvy, maybe a bit flat-chested, kind of scrawny. A man doesn't have much muscle or fat, kind of scrawny. How much does it weigh on your opinion of a relationship?

For example on this image, the pictures corresponding to a BMI of 19, or a bit skinnier like at 18 at the lowest are what I'm thinking of as "underweight" for the purpose of the discussion, but not quite as underweight as the furthest left pictures corresponding to a 17 BMI.

BMI2.jpg

I said probably not but I am not sure now that I think of it, I would have to see pictures.

The thing is that if I knew she was underweight and she'd been that for long I would be far more worried than if she were overweight and to be extremely honest, I would prefer not to get romantically attached to someone with such issues.

Also, a woman who looks at herself in the mirror and thinks she is fat when she is underweight scares me. I admit this sound like extreme associations with the simple word "underweight", but what can I do? I do have em.

I would suspect in almost all circumstances being underweight whie having the money to feed oneself well would be mostly the cause of some form of anorexia nd that === just truly honestly scares me.

though again as I said, I put probably not because I assume I wouldnt recognise all underweights?

So it would be no if I knew she was underweight and maybe if I dont know and dont realisze by looking at her. The normal weight and underweight in women in that graph looked almost identical to me.