1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Would you believe in Shia Islam if its End Time Prophecies Occured?

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by spirit_of_dawn, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Dell

Dell Asteroid insurance?

Ratings:
    +118
    Religion:
    Atheist
    If Jesus returns as like prophesied in the scriptures it would be a total reversal of obvious reality.

But I'll play the game... I don't know if I would be glad or disgusted, seeing that an almighty creator would allow such a truth to be neglected and perverted and allowing so much suffering of innocent people through history. But if there was a resurrection to everlasting life where all peoples were raised with perfect bodies... hey I'm really good with that, and I will even forget those facts..

2. CG Didymus

CG Didymus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,293
    Religion:
    undecided
    Since Baha'is believe the Mahdi has already appeared, and you didn't join the Baha'is, then does that mean that you don't believe the prophecies have been "clearly" fulfilled?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. danieldemol

danieldemol Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,816
    Religion:
    Baha'i inspired liberal
    I think the intention of most people to disobey would change after a short time in fire. Hence I don’t see it as an eternal intention.

Also punishment solely for disobedience? I think it would have to be disobedience of something gravely important to warrant fire as a punishment.

What could your kids do that would make you think to burn them in punishment?

4. spirit_of_dawn

spirit_of_dawn Active Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Yes it is disobedience of things that are gravely important. But who am I to judge. God knows better.

5. Hubert Farnsworth

Hubert Farnsworth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,986
    Religion:
    agnostic
    If I "saw" these things occurring, the first thing I would do is visit a psychiatrist.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. dybmh

dybmh Terminal Optimist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,087
    Religion:
    Helping, Making, and Doing
    Would replacing the word Justice with: Fairness, Balance, or Reparations fit the spirit of the OP?