• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you believe in Shia Islam if its End Time Prophecies Occured?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Thanks. We don't get them in Canada. We're too backward.

Well, of course........ what with all them bears getting in to your cars, homes, etc........ and other strange animals..... with caribou roaming around your gardens and stuff.

Of course you don't get Racers..... or Snickers! ;)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Well, of course........ what with all them bears getting in to your cars, homes, etc........ and other strange animals..... with caribou roaming around your gardens and stuff.

Of course you don't get Racers..... or Snickers! ;)
We do get Snickers. I think it's them guys south of our border. But I'm very far from being an expert, as I don't eat chocolate bars any more. Not my cup of tea ... er ... not my style of food. Sugar and me are only a small gap away from booze and me. Both make me sick, but it varies by degree. A nice juicy mango, OTOH, I'd open my door to a mango salesman at 3 in the morning.

Cooky

Veteran Member
It is the belief of Shi Islam that a day will come when the Mahdi will appear along with Jesus and fill the earth with peace and justice once and for all.

Regardless of your current beliefs, if such an event occurred and the Prophecies were clearly fulfilled along with the supernatural events and miracles, will you believe in the Mahdi and join him or will you oppose him. And why?

I will only follow those whose spirits are pure. And I can tell.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think most would. Everybody wants peace and justice, and if such a figure were to appear able to fulfill them, and was clearly indicated to be sent by God, I think most people without much hesitation would join any cause he would advance.

The reason people don’t convert to Shiism or any variety of Islam now is because we don’t see miracles or any other proof of divine backing; the Quran can’t be taken seriously by anyone not indoctrinated since birth; the life of Muhammed and the Rashidun disgusts us; Muslims’ claims about prophecies being fulfilled and developments in science “proving” the Quran are laughable, and, like certain other religions, the more certain its adherents are of it, the more arrogant, demeaning, and generally unpleasant they become.
Peace is nice but I'm not so sure about Justice and what such a thing entails.

It is the belief of Shi Islam that a day will come when the Mahdi will appear along with Jesus and fill the earth with peace and justice once and for all.

Regardless of your current beliefs, if such an event occurred and the Prophecies were clearly fulfilled along with the supernatural events and miracles, will you believe in the Mahdi and join him or will you oppose him. And why?

The greatest forms of evil will appear initially good. There is no way to know fact or fiction. Prophecies tend to be loosely given info that can be applicable to a mass of variety.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Id say they would have some explaining to do because i would only question them continually about how tragic and horrifying life can be throughout history.

arthra

Baha'i
It is the belief of Shi Islam that a day will come when the Mahdi will appear along with Jesus and fill the earth with peace and justice once and for all. Regardless of your current beliefs, if such an event occurred and the Prophecies were clearly fulfilled along with the supernatural events and miracles, will you believe in the Mahdi and join him or will you oppose him. And why?

In my Faith the Mahdi appeared and fulfilled the prophecies and I acknowledge Him as well as the return of Jesus...

A prophecy:
"The Imam who will create a world state will make the ruling nations pay for their crimes against society. He will bring succor to humanity... He will teach you simple living and high thinking. He will make you understand that virtue is a state of character which is always a mean between the two extremes, and which is based upon equity and justice. He will revive the teaching of the Holy Qur'an and the traditions of the Holy Prophet after the world has ignored them as dead letters.... He will protect and defend himself with resources of science and supreme knowledge. His control over these resources will be complete. He will know how supreme they are and how carefully they will have to be used. His mind will be free from desires of bringing harm and injury to humanity. Such a knowledge to him will be like the property which was wrongly possessed by others and for which he was waiting for the permission to repossess and use. He, in the beginning, will be like a poor stranger unknown and uncared for, and Islam then will be in the hopeless and helpless plight of an exhausted camel who has laid down its head and is wagging its tail. With such a start he will establish an empire of God in this world. He will be the final demonstration and proof of God's merciful wish to acquaint man with the right ways of life." - Islam (Shiite)- Nahjul Balagha, Khutba 141, 187

Read more at
Islamic prophecies

On the prophecies about the return of Jesus see:
The Maseeh (Messiah) Returns as Lord, Allah, God...

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
In my Faith the Mahdi appeared and fulfilled the prophecies and I acknowledge Him as well as the return of Jesus...

A prophecy:
"The Imam who will create a world state will make the ruling nations pay for their crimes against society. He will bring succor to humanity... He will teach you simple living and high thinking. He will make you understand that virtue is a state of character which is always a mean between the two extremes, and which is based upon equity and justice. He will revive the teaching of the Holy Qur'an and the traditions of the Holy Prophet after the world has ignored them as dead letters.... He will protect and defend himself with resources of science and supreme knowledge. His control over these resources will be complete. He will know how supreme they are and how carefully they will have to be used. His mind will be free from desires of bringing harm and injury to humanity. Such a knowledge to him will be like the property which was wrongly possessed by others and for which he was waiting for the permission to repossess and use. He, in the beginning, will be like a poor stranger unknown and uncared for, and Islam then will be in the hopeless and helpless plight of an exhausted camel who has laid down its head and is wagging its tail. With such a start he will establish an empire of God in this world. He will be the final demonstration and proof of God's merciful wish to acquaint man with the right ways of life." - Islam (Shiite)- Nahjul Balagha, Khutba 141, 187

Read more at
Islamic prophecies

On the prophecies about the return of Jesus see:
The Maseeh (Messiah) Returns as Lord, Allah, God...

I'm the return of Baha'u'llah too

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You're saying we get no say in this? We don't get to vote them in or out?

I have a deep and instinctive dislike and distrust of autarchy.
How will we know whether the purported miracles, supernatural events and fulfillment of prophecies are authentic or a put-up job? Will we be given the chance to subject them to proper scrutiny? Will the Mahdi and Jesus be on hand to answer all questions?

What objective test will tell us whether any thing or phenomenon is supernatural or not?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
We do get Snickers. I think it's them guys south of our border. But I'm very far from being an expert, as I don't eat chocolate bars any more. Not my cup of tea ... er ... not my style of food. Sugar and me are only a small gap away from booze and me. Both make me sick, but it varies by degree. A nice juicy mango, OTOH, I'd open my door to a mango salesman at 3 in the morning.

If a JW group knocks on your door, all holding mangoes, I'm telling you right here and now that it will be nothing, absolutely nothing.... to do with me. !!

Ellen Brown

I'm most familiar with Evangelical End Time writings, but respect the beliefs of others. After all none of us can absolutely prove a thing until it happens. Most frightening to me is that as we approach the end time, a man is shot in the head but does not die, and he declares himself to be the leader of the world. The things he does are brutal and despicable. The return of Jesus, with or without the Mahdi is something I do not know a lot about. Without the return of the Messiah, all life would be destroyed.

We have no idea when that will happen, but I suspect we are getting perilously close. Praise be to Allah SWT.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

I believe it’s already happened so I already believe.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

It’s an interesting question. As you know Baha’is believe the Mahdi has come. However my acceptance of Bahá’u’lláh had nothing to do with Islam. I had been a Christian before becoming a Baha’i. The consequence of my becoming a Baha’i has led to an acceptance of the truth of Shi’a Islam. Prior to becoming a Baha’i I had no interest or attraction to Islam.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How will we know whether the purported miracles, supernatural events and fulfillment of prophecies are authentic or a put-up job? Will we be given the chance to subject them to proper scrutiny? Will the Mahdi and Jesus be on hand to answer all questions?

I see the chance was given and it is our heart that decides.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The feelings of the heart change with time and circumstance. How long between elections?

With God purity of heart is required, no self interest.

I see that all the messages are from God, they are timeless and we do not have to vote between the Messengers. We know they had the same purpose and that is the Unity of all Humanity. It is now in our grasp, a world unity that the Mahdi and Jesus have given us a chance to acheive.

Regards Tony

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Purity of the heart and acknowledgement of prophets are largerly unrelated matters.

Particularly regarding end-of-time prophecies.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
With God purity of heart is required, no self interest.
It all sounds far too imaginary to me, too remote from actually being human. I much prefer the idea that while we're alive we do our best to behave decently to others. Then, as the Buddha and Plato's Socrates each said, get that right and you'll go to your end not greatly troubled; and if, to your great surprise, there's anything more (and given that it's a just place, which it needn't be ─ not a few are advertised as where only the best brown-nosers get the rewards) then you'll be in a sound position.
I see that all the messages are from God
What messages? How do you know they're from God? They all say very much the sorts of things that humans would say.
the Unity of all Humanity. It is now in our grasp, a world unity that the Mahdi and Jesus have given us a chance to acheive.
Didn't they say something like that about the EU?

Still, it's an attractive aspiration.