• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you believe in Shia Islam if its End Time Prophecies Occured?

spirit_of_dawn

It is the belief of Shi Islam that a day will come when the Mahdi will appear along with Jesus and fill the earth with peace and justice once and for all.

Regardless of your current beliefs, if such an event occurred and the Prophecies were clearly fulfilled along with the supernatural events and miracles, will you believe in the Mahdi and join him or will you oppose him. And why?

Jumi

For one thing, it would be helpful to know what the prophecies are and second, join him and do what? I'm already about as peaceful as you can get and for justice, so regardless of prophecy it sounds good to me to have more of it.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It is the belief of Shi Islam that a day will come when the Mahdi will appear along with Jesus and fill the earth with peace and justice once and for all.

Regardless of your current beliefs, if such an event occurred and the Prophecies were clearly fulfilled along with the supernatural events and miracles, will you believe in the Mahdi and join him or will you oppose him. And why?

My worldview is based on my experiences. The good thing about that is that it leaves my views flexible. If the Mahdi and Jesus appeared as such, it would be rather silly of me to deny them.

However, I read somewhere that the Mahdi would be coming to rule, so whether or not I "join him" would be dependent on how he rules.

Duke_Leto

I think most would. Everybody wants peace and justice, and if such a figure were to appear able to fulfill them, and was clearly indicated to be sent by God, I think most people without much hesitation would join any cause he would advance.

The reason people don’t convert to Shiism or any variety of Islam now is because we don’t see miracles or any other proof of divine backing; the Quran can’t be taken seriously by anyone not indoctrinated since birth; the life of Muhammed and the Rashidun disgusts us; Muslims’ claims about prophecies being fulfilled and developments in science “proving” the Quran are laughable, and, like certain other religions, the more certain its adherents are of it, the more arrogant, demeaning, and generally unpleasant they become.

danieldemol

Premium Member

I’d join him, but i’d be sure to ask him why a supernatural God couldn’t end wars without mass killings of people given he could magically change the minds of miscreants.

It would after all seem a little unfair to give someone eternal punishment for one lifetimes crimes, especially if they are only acting the way God created them to act.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Hi Spirit..... :)

If............. if.............. and I'd be looking carefully at their idea of peace and justice.
But I would first be tempted to firstly join with Jesus, to apologise to him for having decided that he had only been a man with a mission against corruption in the Temple and priesthood...... nothing more.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Pretty massive 'if''. If a woodpecker alien brought a huge flock of alien woodpeckers ...
Anyway...... I wouldn't knock on your door to tell you the news about it all. All those 'No canvassers, hawkers, salesmen, tinkers, witnesses or badgers!' signs everywhere! :D

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

The bounty of acceptance is for Allah to grant.

Thus if I wanted that bounty, I would have to be preparing myself every moment of every day in every thought and action.

Then I would also have to fully expect that my life would most likely have to be offered for that bounty.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Anyway...... I wouldn't knock on your door to tell you the news about it all. All those 'No canvassers, hawkers, salesmen, tinkers, witnesses or badgers!' signs everywhere! :D
There would be no need. He/she would take over all media outlets, cell phone towers, computers, then speak simultaneously in the Earth's 326 different languages, saying "I am here," in a loving voice. The few people on the planet that weren't connected up to such communication or media devices? Well, he'd just kill them off. After all, nobody would know.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
There would be no need. He/she would take over all media outlets, cell phone towers, computers, then speak simultaneously in the Earth's 326 different languages, saying "I am here," in a loving voice. The few people on the planet that weren't connected up to such communication or media devices? Well, he'd just kill them off. After all, nobody would know.

Oh Gawd....! I'd be one of the 'never got the message' guys.

Oh go on... on such an occasion as this, please could the door-knockers be allowed? They would get tea (or bad coffee) with a kit-kat each.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Oh Gawd....! I'd be one of the 'never got the message' guys.

Oh go on... on such an occasion as this, please could the door-knockers be allowed? They would get tea (or bad coffee) with a kit-kat each.
No. Sorry. We're not allowed to proselytize.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

I can't imagine that I would.

How would I even recognize such a situation?

Looncall

Considering what one sees of Muslims notions of justice, I'd want nothing to do with him.