• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you be buried alive?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I'm claustrophobic....so of course you're crazy!
But after I'm dead, I have considered being buried with only me arsch sticking out.
I'd be useful for parking bicycles...until I became too disgusting or bony.

Or they could use said body part to fill in at least one pot hole. Gives a whole new meaning to the word asphalt.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you're buried vertically, rather than lying in a trench with sand thrown over you, you'll probably suffocate.
In normal breathing there is excursion and retraction of both the chest and abdomen. Packed sand severely restricts this, plus, with every retraction the sand shifts and packs in tighter.
Vertical burial is usually fatal.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jeremiah Johnson

It's one of my favorites. The soundtrack is great, too.

Even carries a bit of a religious message:

An Indian says you search in vain for what you cannot find

He says you found a thousand ways of runnin' down your time

An Indian didn't scream it, he said it in a song

And he's never been known to be wrong

He's never been known to be wrong

Electra

If you're buried vertically, rather than lying in a trench with sand thrown over you, you'll probably suffocate.
In normal breathing there is excursion and retraction of both the chest and abdomen. Packed sand severely restricts this, plus, with every retraction the sand shifts and packs in tighter.
Vertical burial is usually fatal.

I need a shell around me, noted.
I am going to make this happen one day XD