• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you be a martyr?

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Bit of a darker question, but would you be a martyr?

Suppose the government decided that being an adherent to your religion was punishable by death. Then they come knocking on your door, and ask your religion.

Christians, do you deny Christ?

Is it okay for you to lie in this situation? How would you be able to hide your religion? I think a Christian could do it easily. Just pray when you're alone. I don't know enough about Judaism or Islam to know if it could be hidden yet practiced.

Would you simply give up your religious practice?

How strong is your faith? Is this a measure of your faith?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Suppose the government decided that being an adherent to your religion was punishable by death. Then they come knocking on your door, and ask your religion.

Is it okay for you to lie in this situation? How would you be able to hide your religion? I think a Christian could do it easily. Just pray when you're alone. I don't know enough about Judaism or Islam to know if it could be hidden yet practiced.

I would clearly state my belief if government come to my home and asked.
If they kill me, that is on them not on me. Because faith and belief are free, no matter what a government think

Truth in love

Death first.

I don’t wish to die, but The Savior matters a whole lot more than my mortal life.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Ooooh, I want to answer this question! I'm not Abrahamic but I got a take on this.

If my religion was illegal and believing it meant death for me and anyone else who believes in it, I would attempt to flee the country because my country is currently experiencing spiritual dystopia right now! And if it were either deny my religious beliefs or death, there is only one thing I could do - show them my ring and tell them I'm married to God.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Measure of Faith is:
"practise what I preach"

But I don't preach
Once my mother asked if I could help her.

Doctors had given up on her, could not help her anymore. She could not walk and she was in a lot of pain. Could not even stand straight, at best at an angle 90°.Doctor said "wheelchair is all I can offer to you".

She knew that I had been able to cure many diseases just by diet, so when doctors failed her, she finally asked me for help

I told her "this won't be easy for you", and I put her on a very restricted diet, more like extreme fasting.

About "practice what I preach:
BUT I told her "I do the same as you do; when doing it together it's easier for you, and I will stay at your place also", not even thinking that this was scientific impossible, as I was 20 kg underweight.
(I only advise others, if asked, what I can do myself also)

Sai Baba knew of course my problem, so I guess He cured her so fast (8 days), because it otherwise might have killed me. Within 4 days she could walk and stand straight, and after 8 days all problems were gone

Exactly after 8 days I was unable to continue this fast and was so hungry that I had to start eating again.

InChrist

Free4ever

Jesus died for me. I would die before denying Him. This life is temporary and short, eternity is forever.

Shaul

Premium Member
Jews have been persecuted and martyred for thousands of years. History shows it can happen at any time even when and where least expected. I acknowledge that it could happen to me, but I don't choose to respond by living in fear. Baruch HaShem.

Messianic Israelite

Peter was the first disciple to call Yahshua the Messiah and yet he denied Yahshua three times. It's easy to say, yes, I'd be willing to give up my life, or I'd be willing to be tortured for my faith, but do we truly know that people have that strength of character when push comes to shove. But yes, I hope and pray that should Yahweh choose to make a martyr of me that I will unquestionably lay down my life without compromising my faith, just as Yahshua did. I love life, but I love Yahshua more. Without him there would be no hope of eternal life and no way I could repay Yahweh for all his lovingkindness to me.

Psalm23

I would hope by God's grace to stand firm in my faith in Jesus . I haven't been put in such a situation. I believe that confessing faith in Christ in these kind of situations demonstrates both the work of God in the individual empowering the person to be bold and the faith of the person.