• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you approve of legalizing consensual human sacrifice?

Would you approve of such a practice being legal under these circumstances?

• Yes

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If there were a new religion with a miracle working clown cult leader who worked greater miracles than those contained in Scripture, and he said that victims of human sacrifice wore a glorious crown in the next life, and was looking for consensual victims to wear this crown, and many people were volunteering to be sacrificed at this prophet's temple, would you say that such a practice should be legal?

Keep in mind that the victim is under their choice of anesthesia when their heart is cut out on the altar. I would totally volunteer for such awesome fate...better than dying of something boring like cancer or old age :p

Duke_Leto

Since I was a child I've been entranced by the idea of human sacrifice. Under the right circumstances, I would probably offer to do it myself.

Furthermore, I think suicide of any sort ought to be allowed. As long as the participant isn't a child -- easily influenced or pressured by parents and whatnot -- I think it's fine to have yourself killed in any way that doesn't directly harm or inconvenience other people.

Srivijaya

It already is. What else do you call that shooting in Florida? The 'god' of the 2nd amendment exacts its blood tribute and for many it's a sacrifice the nation just has to make.

Okay, it's technically an illegal sacrifice, but it is nevertheless an offering on the altar of a principle and your leaders see no reason to stop it.

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
I voted no. Simply because we don't need any more people winning the Darwin Award. It's happening fast enough as is.

Kelly of the Phoenix

That's why I'm torn, though: the Darwin Award winners are technically helping cleanse society of idiocy. Not nearly fast enough, in my estimation. I think we should make everything legal for just 10 hours and that should be enough time to get rid of lots of morons. Shame innocent people would be dragged with them, though. We should figure out a way to stop that part.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
That's why I'm torn, though: the Darwin Award winners are technically helping cleanse society of idiocy. Not nearly fast enough, in my estimation. I think we should make everything legal for just 10 hours and that should be enough time to get rid of lots of morons. Shame innocent people would be dragged with them, though. We should figure out a way to stop that part.

Idiocy is not the reason to hope for immorality.....Some people just do bone headed things because they do not weigh the risks.

...many people were volunteering to be sacrificed at this prophet's temple, would you say that such a practice should be legal?...

I don’t think it is necessary to call anything illegal. I think important thing would be that people understand what is good and reasonable.

idav

Being
Premium Member
If there were a new religion with a miracle working clown cult leader who worked greater miracles than those contained in Scripture, and he said that victims of human sacrifice wore a glorious crown in the next life, and was looking for consensual victims to wear this crown, and many people were volunteering to be sacrificed at this prophet's temple, would you say that such a practice should be legal?

Keep in mind that the victim is under their choice of anesthesia when their heart is cut out on the altar. I would totally volunteer for such awesome fate...better than dying of something boring like cancer or old age :p
Well gosh if the dude is performing real miracles where do I sign?:p

idav

Being
Premium Member

Well gosh if the dude is performing real miracles where do I sign?:p

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?

Ok, that's interesting but suppose the miracle working cult clown leader could raise the dead... would it be ok to sacrifice someone if you can raise them back to life afterwards? What about raising the dead in general, should it be legal to rip folks out of heaven... or hell for that matter if you believe in hell. Unless it's like that pet cemetery movie. Still should be illegal.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I think we should make everything legal for just 10 hours and that should be enough time to get rid of lots of morons.
The Purge series already has that scenario and it ends up just being a ploy for the rich to kill off the poor because the rich can afford protection and barricade themselves in their homes with expensive security systems only they can afford. So that's a horrible idea unless you address inequality first.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
If someone wants to be a human sacrifice to their Gods, fine. It's probably more ethical than killing an animal that doesn't want to die. Some deities can only be worshipped properly with human blood sacrifice, anyway, such as the Aztec pantheon which I have a fondness for.

I wonder what kind of ceremony would take place.