• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you advise oral sex instead of . . . ?

Would you suggest oral sex as an alternative to sexual intercourse

• Yes

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 68.2%

• Total voters

Skwim

Veteran Member
If you found out your young teenager---say, under seventeen---was seriously, very seriously, thinking about loosing his or her virginity would you suggest fellatio or cunnilingus as a reasonable alternative?

Last edited:

Acim

Revelation all the time
No. I think oral sex coupled with 'young love' (puppy dog love) would lead to, "let's do more, that was fun!"

If not desiring teenager to engage in sexual intercourse, I'd advocate abstinence with idea of 'keep clothes on' but have as much fun romantically that way.

Might not be entirely practical given modern day realities, but it is what I might advocate, even if it is met with sense of 'that ain't going to work.' It stands a chance to work, and lets teenager be decision maker, with informed, concerned guidance having been provided.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It would depend on a number of circumstances, not just age. But in general, if it was my 15 year old daughter, I would get her on the pill and make sure she was well informed about sex. Then I would tell her she had to keep her grades up or he couldn't sleep over in her bedroom. No "A"s, no sex.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
If you found out your young teenager---say, under seventeen---was seriously, very seriously, thinking about loosing his or her virginity would you suggest fellatio or cunnilingus as a reasonable alternative?

I can't seriously see myself suggesting sex or sexual acts at all to my kid.

I'm just being honest.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

I don't believe that it would stop right there. Teenagers are not that good at thinking straight under the influence of there horomones.

I believe in fully teaching about sex and best practices but also requiring abstinence until they have finished High School. The cost of one mistake is much to high.

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
Perhaps, but I think they would want to try more. I would rather my child be educated and willing to talk to me about it. That way he can avoid getting diseases or getting someone pregnant.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Since I believe that sexual intimacy outside of marriage is wrong, I wouldn't see oral sex as any more acceptable than any other kind. I mean why would it be? If the concern is with an unwanted pregnancy (as opposed to moral objections), I'd tell the kids they'd better be sure to use protection.

Skwim

Veteran Member
***Mod post***

Thread moved to Sexuality forum.​
Yeah, I debated about putting it there,but decided the issue was one of parenting more than it was about sex. My mistake. :D Anyway, thanks for putting it in the right place.
icon14.gif

Skwim

Veteran Member
Perhaps, but I think they would want to try more. I would rather my child be educated and willing to talk to me about it. That way he can avoid getting diseases or getting someone pregnant.
Sorry Herr Heinrich, I'm sure what you've said here is pretty good, but my eyes have trouble adjusting to your light blue type on a light gray background. So I'll just say "thanks" for replying.

For those who think oral sex would simply lead to much more (sexual intercourse) just remember that the premise in the OP is that's where the relationship was already headed for.

Last edited:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think I would just advise birth control, education, safety, responsibility, going slow and to really think things through, rather than to list specific sex ideas.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Would I suggest to my teenage kid that they have oral sex?

I can't imagine any situation where I would feel that was appropriate.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Oral sex runs the same risks, both emotionally and physically, as intercourse. I would put my daughter on the pill or give my son condoms and have a long talk with them about some of my own regrets and my opinion that it is truly safer, both emotionally and physically, to save sex for marriage. But no, oral sex is just as bad for a teenager in my book.

But in all honesty, teenagers are teenagers and they are most likely going to do it no matter what I tell them. When I have teenagers, I would rather make sure they can talk to me about anything, understand my point of view, and be protected from a physical tragedy like a pregnancy or an STD. Then when the emotional tragedy that generally occurs with teenage sex happens, I want them to know I'm there to support them through it.

Coming from the voice of experience, threats and lecturing definitely do not work.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Honestly, just remember yourself as teenager, and the what to do becomes, I think, more obvious.

As a teenager / young adult (and not little kid) did it really work for you if some pseudo authority figure tried to say 'you can't do this?' Or anything in vein of threatening you? Perhaps it worked once, but when realizing it was threat out of their own fears, rather than actual concern / love, it became easy to overlook next time around.

Likewise, if only given one version of 'what to do' which could be "abstinence only" or could be "have safe sex" - these would come off as, I think naive. Cause kids around them (or us) aren't living up to 'only one way to look at all this.'

So, either we have longer discussion with several options and present info like teenager is equal, perhaps even 'teacher' (for momentary consideration), or we essentially as a parent learn the hard way of what it was like to think that denying them choice or denying reality, would magically work this time where it never worked before.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
"Reasonable" in what way? Safer? More socially acceptable?

I don't think I'd want to cultivate an attitude that oral sex isn't "real" sex. IMO, if a person is ready for one, he or she is probably ready for the other. OTOH, if he or she isn't ready for intercourse, then oral sex is probably a bad idea, too.