• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would the endless clouds of scandals surrounding HIllary be a problem if she was president?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Whoever wins the Presidency there will be scandal. It's almost a non-issue at this point.

whirlingmerc

I would hope a professional would be more honest.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
would hope a professional would be more honest.
A professional politician? What country do you live in?
Do you really think McConnell held off the SCOTUS hearings because the voters needed to hold another election?
That Cruz really thinks Trump should be president? That Trump meant it when he promised to release some financial data?
That Trump is a Christian who opposes abortions on principles!?

Gimme a break
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hillary's scandals don't bother her now.
Neither do Bill's.
As president these would be even less a problem.

Laika

Premium Member
I would hope a professional would be more honest.

Yeah. So would I honestly. unfortunately its not "what gets things done" in politics. :(

You have to negotiate with people you disagree with and may even despise so you are at least going to tell a few "half-truths" before you even enter office.

Some lies are worse than others. Maybe even some scandals or corruption is more serious than others. Namely those that undermine the ability to sustain the office beyond a single person who holds it temporarily and therefore threatens the constitution. Its why Nixon had to resign as he (probably) rigged the 1972 election and subverted the system of government. So far as I am aware, Hillary hasnt gone that far but certianly isn't "clean".

I take your point though as it be alot simpler if we could trust the people who govern us. Beyond a certian point cynicism can be toxic but its also necessarily when a large part of the system is based on self-interest.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Every possible President has to have a scandal; it's part of the resume,

e.g.,

He wasn't born here

She sent bad e-mails

He grabbed it by the pu*sy

He committed adultery

etc.

Nous

Premium Member
The article lists these items as constituting Clinton's "perpetual cloud of dirt": "Travelgate, Whitewater, cattle futures, Benghazi, private email server, Clinton Foundation, Wall Street speeches."

What, they couldn't come up with anything illegal?

Perhaps the writer should look at Trump's "perpetual cloud of dirt". It contains a number of illegal acts, such as sexual assault, and non-payment to small businesses he has contracted with.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Just to mention that I believe Trump's middle name is "Scandal", so how did that get missed in the OP? He's a walking-talking scandal that is an international embarrassment for us.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You think it's bad now, wait until she has the power to go full on crazy.
Well, now that Trump and his supporters have made that the big problem, she doesn't really have any limits.
Now does she?

All the people who insisted that Trump is the answer gave Hillary this much power.
Tom

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I doubt the endless claims of scandals will effect her as president any more tahn the endless claims of scandals have effected the previous presidents.
This exactly. After Reagan and GWB, I don't really know why Hillary would be singled out like that.

Oh, wait. She has been singled out already. Then I guess it does not matter anyway.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This exactly. After Regan and GWB, I don't really know why Hillary would be singled out like that.
Oh, wait. She has been singled out already. Then I guess it does not matter anyway.
Singled out?
Stop the presses!
Hillary has been treated differently from other candidates!
Opponents have used scandals against a presidential hopeful for the first time.
Clearly, it's pure sexist fueled partisanship that singled her out from all others.
She's the victim of a vast right wing conspiracy! Haliburton is no doubt behind it.

Btw, Nixon's scandal caused him to resign the presidency.
Not even Bill Clinton's troubles went that far.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Singled out?
Stop the presses!
Hillary has been treated differently from other candidates!
Opponents have used scandals against a presidential hopeful for the first time.
Clearly, it's pure sexist fueled partisanship that singled her out from all others.
She's the victim of a vast right wing conspiracy! Haliburton is no doubt behind it.

Btw, Nixon's scandal caused him to resign the presidency.
Not even Bill Clinton's troubles went that far.
Sometimes I feel curious about what media you have access to. It can't possibly be so radically different from what is available online, yet at the same time it must be.

Nous

Premium Member
Well, now that Trump and his supporters have made that the big problem, she doesn't really have any limits.
Now does she?

All the people who insisted that Trump is the answer gave Hillary this much power.
The irony of it will hit them one of these days (hopefully).

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The irony of it will hit them one of these days (hopefully).
Probably by the end of November.
The Christians who supported mr "grab your whatever". The libertarians who supported mr bomb those diaper heads. The republicans who supported him and his willingness to lie to the electorate because they are used to voting for people like that. ...

Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sometimes I feel curious about what media you have access to. It can't possibly be so radically different from what is available online, yet at the same time it must be.
Perhaps those who favor one party over another will take offense when one of
their own is attacked, but hardly notice when the other side is savaged (rightfully
so, no doubt). As one outside the Big Two, I see both sides enduring abuse.
We could easily see the same thing, but interpret it differently.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
The article lists these items as constituting Clinton's "perpetual cloud of dirt": "Travelgate, Whitewater, cattle futures, Benghazi, private email server, Clinton Foundation, Wall Street speeches."

What, they couldn't come up with anything illegal?

Perhaps the writer should look at Trump's "perpetual cloud of dirt". It contains a number of illegal acts, such as sexual assault, and non-payment to small businesses he has contracted with.
I wonder if anyone has a collection of all the lawsuits Hillary is involved with like the list for Trump?