• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would sharks and T Rex buried together lean toward the flood?

sooda

Veteran Member
So,
In this thread we have Christians arguing against the science of evolution.
In another thread we have Christians arguing against the medical science of vaccines.
In yet another, we have a Christian complaining that it's a smear and false caricature of Christianity to point out the anti-science tendencies of conservative Christianity.

What's with that?
Tom

Its a shame really.. Rejecting education is so foolish.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Hell Creek rock formation in Montana has both shark and T Rex fossils.
Seems to lean toward rather than against the Noah epic.

Data reported in the Journal of Paleontology pp1-19, 21 Jan 2019

What say you?

Ice layering is observed in ice sheets and glaciers where the average temperature does remain below freezing.

Annual differences in temperature and irradiation cause ice to form differently from year to year, and this forms alternating layers of light and dark ice, much like tree rings. This method is an accurate method to measure the age of an ice sheet, as only a single layer forms annually. Very rarely do multiple layers form in the same year, this doesn't prevent ice layering from providing a minimum age, because these rare multi-layers that formed in the same year are discernible from single annual layers; thus, they correctly get collectively counted as having formed over a period of one year.

There have been over 700,000 layers found in a single ice sheet, proving the Earth is far more than 10,000 years old. Even if an absurdly high average of 10 layers formed per year, the age of the Earth demonstrated by this method would be at least 70,000 years.

Nevertheless, the age of some ice on the Earth has been determined to be 160,000 years (±15,000 years) as measured by ice layering.

There was never any actual global flooding of Biblical proportions as evident by the fact there is some ice having remained intact and undisturbed on Earth by any global flooding within the last tens of thousands of years.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Galagadon is a shark species that, although now extinct, existed during the cretaceous period. IOW it lived concurrent with the dinos. There are many unusual things that can happen that would explain why a land animal would die in sea water. There is nothing about this find that leads to a global flood explanation.

sooda

Veteran Member
If you read the articles supplied they were fresh water sharks. Even today some sharks will swim upstream quite a distance in fresh water. Bull sharks are well known for this. In fact there have even been freshwater shark attacks by bull sharks:

Shark Attack … In a Lake?!

fossils-tell-about-earths-history-teach-16-728.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The shores of those seas were changing. And the shark that was found was a fresh water shark that lived largely in rivers:

Galagadon - Wikipedia

"The extinct shark would have traversed the rivers and wetlands of South Dakota some 67 million years ago. The find, dating to the late Cretaceous period, was presented in the Journal of Paleontology."

And I should have noted who first posted this much better link:

https://www.cambridge.org/core/serv...richtian_late_cretaceous_of_north_america.pdf

EDIT: It was @Left Coast , a belated thank you.

sooda

Veteran Member
New Prehistoric Shark Species Discovered Alongside Sue the T. Rex | Science | Smithsonian

ased on comparisons with other fossil shark teeth, the team proposes that Galagadon belonged to a major shark family called orectolobiformes, or carpet sharks. DePaul University paleobiologist Kenshu Shimada agrees with this identification. Galagadon, he says, “serves as another example of the diversification of this shark group not only in oceans worldwide, but also in the freshwater systems in the terrestrial environments near the end of the so-called ‘Age of Reptiles.’” While only the teeth of Galagadon are known so far, their shape suggests that the living animal would have looked something like today’s bamboo sharks, a subset of carpet sharks found in the warm waters of the Indo-Pacific.
Read more: New Prehistoric Shark Species Discovered Alongside Sue the T. Rex | Science | Smithsonian
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! Give the gift of Smithsonian
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

exchemist

Veteran Member
Hell Creek rock formation in Montana has both shark and T Rex fossils.
Seems to lean toward rather than against the Noah epic.

Data reported in the Journal of Paleontology pp1-19, 21 Jan 2019

What say you?
I say "no of course not".

But then I have read the articles on this, kindly linked by other posters. Perhaps you had not when you started the thread.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Yes, I just read that article Friday.
Interesting, eh?

As more and more evidence is found, it will become more and more clear.

It wasn't just an accurate guess, Moses had, when writing down those ideal modern ratios (Length to Width to Height is 30-5-3), of the Ark's dimensions.

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
Interesting, eh?

It wasn't just an accurate guess, Moses had, when writing down those ideal modern ratios (Length to Width to Height is 30-6-3), of the Ark's dimensions.
Was Noah's Ark ROUND? 3,700-year-old clay tablet reveals ...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2545494/Was-Noahs-Ark-ROUND-3-700-year...
Jan 24, 2014 · The ancient Babylonian text describes the ark as a round 220-ft diameter coracle with walls 20-ft high. According to the tablet, the ark had two levels and a roof on the top.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Interesting, eh?

It wasn't just an accurate guess, Moses had, when writing down those ideal modern ratios (Length to Width to Height is 30-6-3), of the Ark's dimensions.
I thought you were done with the false claim of ideal dimensions. Or was that @whirlingmerc that finally admitted that the article by Hong looked like a fake?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Interesting, eh?

And how do you think that this supports your myth? I am betting that you did not understand the article or read a distorted version of it from a dishonest source.

EDIT: Sure enough. ICR, a source where one has to swear not to follow the scientific method, has a distorted version of this story:

A T. rex Swimming with Sharks?

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
Interesting, eh?

Once a hypothesis is proved false, adding more
"evidence" to a lost cause is naieve, and, dumb.

If you were in Cleveland when the prison -murder took
place in Vladivostok, it really wont help the case against
you to bring in more "evidence" against you.

If you were so accused, this would be obvious.

What goes on in your head that you cannot grasp
the same concept here?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I thought you were done with the false claim of ideal dimensions. Or was that @whirlingmerc that finally admitted that the article by Hong looked like a fake?
Are you kidding?!

I only said that AIG has disappointed me, that's all! (Not ICR, or DI.)

And just one time, LISTEN:

It's not the dimensions....it's the ratios of those measurements!

Quit twisting my statements!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Was Noah's Ark ROUND? 3,700-year-old clay tablet reveals ...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2545494/Was-Noahs-Ark-ROUND-3-700-year...
Jan 24, 2014 · The ancient Babylonian text describes the ark as a round 220-ft diameter coracle with walls 20-ft high. According to the tablet, the ark had two levels and a roof on the top.
Yeah, those measurements would never make a vessel seaworthy!

The Bible's description of the Ark's proportions, though, are modern, and does make a vessel seaworthy.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
And how do you think that this supports your myth? I am betting that you did not understand the article or read a distorted version of it from a dishonest source.

EDIT: Sure enough. ICR, a source where one has to swear not to follow the scientific method, has a distorted version of this story:

A T. rex Swimming with Sharks?
Lol!
All you ever make are assertions (and very few references). Show where & how they distorted the evidence!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Are you kidding?!

I only said that AIG has disappointed me, that's all! (Not ICR, or DI.)

And just one time, LISTEN:

It's not the dimensions....it's the ratios of those measurements!

Quit twisting my statements!

No creationist has ever found any support for that claim. And such dimensions do not matter any way. Any engineer would immediately see the problem with the square cube law.