• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would Iran Actually Nuke Israel?

javajo

On CNN an Israeli journalist said Iran is working on an icbm that could reach America and that we are his first target, then Israel.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
On CNN an Israeli journalist said Iran is working on an icbm that could reach America and that we are his first target, then Israel.
I have to say that many Israeli strategists do not actually envision a nuclear war scenario. but in Iranian propaganda, I think its safe to say that America has been the icon of western imperialism and the main focus of propaganda.
the Iranian terminology is 'Big Satan' for the USA, and 'Little Satan' for Israel.

javajo

I have to say that many Israeli strategists do not actually envision a nuclear war scenario. but in Iranian propaganda, I think its safe to say that America has been the icon of western imperialism and the main focus of propaganda.
the Iranian terminology is 'Big Satan' for the USA, and 'Little Satan' for Israel.
Israeli strategists tested anti-rocket defenses successfully last week and are preparing more for a whole lot of rockets than a nuke, but they won't let Iran get a nuke either as Ahmajinidad has vowed to wipe them off the face of the earth. They hate both of our countries and in an effort to bring in the time of their Saviour the 12th Imam or Mahdi Al Mohammad, the time of which is one of war and chaos, they will do anything, even use a Nuke that close to them. They are truly evil and maniacal and will be dealt with.

fenrisx

Israeli strategists tested anti-rocket defenses successfully last week and are preparing more for a whole lot of rockets than a nuke, but they won't let Iran get a nuke either as Ahmajinidad has vowed to wipe them off the face of the earth. They hate both of our countries and in an effort to bring in the time of their Saviour the 12th Imam or Mahdi Al Mohammad, the time of which is one of war and chaos, they will do anything, even use a Nuke that close to them. They are truly evil and maniacal and will be dealt with.

Yeah that helps, how is that any less hateful and less full of conservative BS propaganda and fear mongering.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Last edited:

javajo

Yeah that helps, how is that any less hateful and less full of conservative BS propaganda and fear mongering.
I'm a liberal democrat, but that is the truth of the matter, they do want to destroy Israel and us if they can. And it is true that neither of us two "satans" is going to sit idly by while they do so. Those are simply facts.

Would they?
Can't say.
But if Israel attacked Iran unprovoked, if tempers flared, & if retaliation were most attainable in that direction.....could be.
My guess is that it's unlikely.
A dirty bomb in Israel from some terrorist source seems more probable.
What a horror that would be & become, eh?
They say an amount of enriched plutonium the size of an apple could be used with common parts one can obtain from many stores in the U.S. could be used to detonate an atomic bomb in a major U.S. city and kill millions. That is what our gov. fears the most and I expect Israel does as well. I do not put it past Iran's Pres. to detonate nukes that close to Iran, he is very, very religious in acting out his religion which includes the annihilation of the Jewish people and bringing in war and chaos to usher in his saviour.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They say an amount of enriched plutonium the size of an apple could be used with common parts one can obtain from many stores in the U.S. could be used to detonate an atomic bomb in a major U.S. city and kill millions. That is what our gov. fears the most and I expect Israel does as well. I do not put it past Iran's Pres. to detonate nukes that close to Iran, he is very, very religious in acting out his religion which includes the annihilation of the Jewish people and bringing in war and chaos to usher in his saviour.
Some are suggesting that Israel make a pre-emptive strike against Iran, risking all out war, in order to avoid war.
I wouldn't put it past Israel to end up causing the very thing they'd like to avoid.
Intentions & results are so often at odds.
I blame emotions.

Last edited:

javajo

Some are suggesting that Israel make a pre-emptive strike against Iran, risking all out war, in order to avoid war.
I wouldn't put it past Israel to end up causing the very thing they'd like to avoid.
Intentions & results are so often at odds.
They would risk war to avoid nuclear annihilation. All they want is to live in peace, but their neighbors are taught they are pigs and apes and must be annihilated at all costs. There has always been a satanic hatred of some to the Jews and these who deny the holocaust never even happened are number one on the list. Its going to get ugly, its just a matter of time. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem and Israel. Shalom!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They would risk war to avoid nuclear annihilation. All they want is to live in peace, but their neighbors are taught they are pigs and apes and must be annihilated at all costs. There has always been a satanic hatred of some to the Jews and these who deny the holocaust never even happened are number one on the list. Its going to get ugly, its just a matter of time. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem and Israel. Shalom!
To launch an unprovoked attack against Iran in order to avoid annihilation in a war with Iran, seems a recipe for retaliatory war & annihilation.
The question appears to be just who will suffer the most & are the losses acceptable.
Were Iran to use the rationale being attributed to Israel, then this would justify Iran's preemptive attack against Israel.
I smell moral shortcomings in this.

Last edited:

javajo

To launch an unprovoked attack against Iran in order to avoid annihilation in a war with Iran, seems a recipe for retaliatory war & annihilation.
The question appears to be just who will suffer the most & are the losses acceptable.
Were Iran to use the rationale being attributed to Israel, then this would justify Iran's preemptive attack against Israel.
Iran knows they would lose unless they have nuclear weapons, so they aren't attacking anyone soon. Either way it is as the Bible foretold, Jerusalem is a cup of trembling to the nations.

Shermana

Heretic

I actually believe this is an unfortunately valid argument, that if Iran has assurance Israel will pre-emptive attack, Iran would be justified in a pre-emptive attack. It's not too far off from why Israel was justified in hitting Egypt's planes on the ground in '67.

Which is why I believe Israel would be best in arming the Kurds and Christian and Sunni exiles and fighting a proxy fire war with proxy fire, the way Iran uses Hezbollah and Hamas.

Nonetheless, Iran is probably aware that even if they took out 90% of Israel, the Dolphins in the Sea would be all the 10% left would need to take out 99% of Iran.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dolphins?
I know they're smart, but I didn't think they had the technology to do that.

Which is why I believe Israel would be best in arming the Kurds and Christian and Sunni exiles and fighting a proxy fire war with proxy fire, the way Iran uses Hezbollah and Hamas.
If one side ramps up the hostilities, even surreptitiously, the other side will
likely do the same, perhaps substituting diplomats & spouses for scientists.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ia-2-injured/2012/02/13/gIQA2kDlAR_print.html

Last edited:

Aniihya

Game is tasty.
Iran using Hamas? Thats new. Hamas are Sunnis who actually could care less about Iran. By the way, an attack on Iran by the US would result in very large numbers of casualties due to Iran not exactly having a small army and getting its weapons from Russia and China. And if the US attacks Iran, Hezbollah, AMAL, maybe Lebanon itself, Egypt, Jordan and maybe even Turkey would see a chance to attack Israel. If the US decides to use a nuke or some other all-out force, the UN will be up to end it, probably resulting in a World War. Oh yeah and the US shouldn't underestimate Iran just because it isn't like Iraq. And with Iran not liking Israel and the US, that isn't exactly uncommon. A good portion of the world doesn't like the US. You cannot see politicians as representatives of what the people think nowadays. Even I do not like the US (because it likes to interfere in everything and is screwing up my own nation) and Israel (because lots of ultra-conservatives live there and control the government). By the way, the Christians in the region around Israel such as Maronites, Syrian Orthodox and the Palestinian Christians aren't too fond of Israel either. Look at Hezbollah, they recently started up relations with an anti-Israeli Christian paramilitary group.

Shermana

Heretic
The Iran-Hamas Alliance - inFocus Quarterly Journal

Hamas-Iran Alliance Still Alive and Well « Commentary Magazine

New things are always interesting, aren't they?

Just when some veteran Middle East peace processers and critics of Israel were making some progress trying to persuade the world Hamas was changing its stripes, the terrorist organization torpedoed talk about its new moderation with a gesture of friendship with Iran.
Ismail Haniya, the prime minister of Hamas’s Gaza terror state, arrived in Tehran on Friday for a visit that should disillusion those who assumed there had been a break between the two. The warm welcome given Haniya by the Islamist regime is an indication that the alliance between Iran and one of its terrorist auxiliaries is still very much in place. It also ought to be a reminder that Hamas participation in the Palestinian Authority’s government in the wake of its unity pact with Fatah will provide Iran with an influential ally that will render the prospects for peace with Israel moot.
I have more news for you, Sunnis in the area often don't like Israel, but Israel is working with Sunni exiles with Jundallah, (though they apparently posed initially as CIA) so I doubt there'd be a problem with Israel getting Persian Christians to shuck the trend of the anti-Israel-Christian Arabs and fight for the freedom of their fellow Persians. And there's the Secular and Marxist exiles to figure in as well.

Jundallah and Israel | Opinion Maker

As for Turkey, they're having tensions with Iran right now, and they'd pretty much get drop kicked from NATO if they tried anything.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501714_162-57375816/turkey-and-iran-diverge-over-syria/

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Iran using Hamas? Thats new. Hamas are Sunnis who actually could care less about Iran.
Let me fill you in.

Iran’s leaders urged the Hamas prime minister of Gaza to continue the Islamic militant group’s resistance against Israel and promised support, state TV reported on Sunday.

Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei told Hamas’ Ismail Haniyeh that Iran would always stand by the Palestinian “resistance’’ against Israel and warned him against “compromisers.’’

From an article from yesterday: Iran urges Hamas to continue fight against Israel - Boston.com

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Israel & Iran need to make peace.
A greater common threat looms.
Nazis from space....
iron_sky_poster_small.jpg

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I joined this forum to ask this question specifically. I've been kicking this idea around in my head and I think it come down to a religious aspect. Islam and Muslim's also see the Israeli lands as their holy lands. And I feel like they would have a problem with destroying and irradiating their holy land. Or is that not much of an issue. Maybe I'm wrong though. I'm not Muslim nor do I know anyone that is. So maybe a Muslim could help me answer this question.

I suppose if Iran was interested in committing national suicide they might nuke Israel. This doesn't fit the profile of the most of the large number of Iranian people I've personally known, but Iran's government and religious leadership has always been less than stable and pretty detrimental to its people.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I suppose if Iran was interested in committing national suicide they might nuke Israel. This doesn't fit the profile of the most of the large number of Iranian people I've personally known, but Iran's government and religious leadership has always been less than stable and pretty detrimental to its people.
Not overlooking the fact that they are also very unpopular, in spite of the government organized love fests designed to convey the opposite. The young especially are not big on the Mullahs.