• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would God punish his servants?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
God is harsher on his servants because they use his name. So when a church leader says not quite right things in his name they are worse than the sinner.

James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I almost thought I read "punch his servants" :eek:. I was assuming you worshipped some sort of gangsta deity or something.

But if you are working on a Christian framework then yes the Biblical god would favor his slaves over the sinners. But typically speaking the Christian god is explained as being one who gives trials to the slaves who worship him best. I think Job is the best example of this perhaps. But I do not understand why is this so surprising.

Kelly of the Phoenix

If the servant is also a sinner (promoting hate), then yeah, plus, God loves irony (edit: Jesus noted we will all be judged by the measure we judge others). :) After Katrina, know what street was the driest (that we saw, anyway)? Bourbon Street, where there are lots of bars and gay clubs and such things.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
If the servant is also a sinner (promoting hate), then yeah, plus, God loves irony (edit: Jesus noted we will all be judged by the measure we judge others). :) After Katrina, know what street was the driest (that we saw, anyway)? Bourbon Street, where there are lots of bars and gay clubs and such things.

He'll get around to that...

Kemosloby

Premium Member

I don't see him as wrong for criticising homosexuality, but for saying something stupid like it's causing floods.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Louisiana floods destroy home of Christian leader who blamed natural disasters on gay people

Why would God punish his own with the same type of punishment that this Christian leader predicted against homosexuals? One is a servant while the other is a sinner.

Because there is no God, and if there was he's pretty damn apathetic?

Presuming God would give any care whatsoever about what amounts to a roach on the cosmic scale of things is pretty arrogant, or at least pandering to one's own confirmation biases.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Although God has used natural disasters as punishment before, we can't know without a divine revelation whether it is judgement or a trial.

Personally I believe it would not be right to scapegoat gays for the collective sins of society anyway.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Although God has used natural disasters as punishment before, we can't know without a divine revelation whether it is judgement or a trial.

Personally I believe it would not be right to scapegoat gays for the collective sins of society anyway.
Or maybe its simply nature ?.

allfoak

Alchemist

omega2xx

Louisiana floods destroy home of Christian leader who blamed natural disasters on gay people

Why would God punish his own with the same type of punishment that this Christian leader predicted against homosexuals? One is a servant while the other is a sinner.

Ho do you know that person is a Christian. He has no evidence natural disasters are caused by homosexuals. In fact all evil and disasters came in because of Adam.

Both are sinners. One is forgiven, one is not until they confess their sins to God.

suncowiam

Ho do you know that person is a Christian. He has no evidence natural disasters are caused by homosexuals. In fact all evil and disasters came in because of Adam.

Both are sinners. One is forgiven, one is not until they confess their sins to God.

I don't know if he is Christian. He claims to be Christian and he is, for practical purposes, a leader among Christians. "Tony Perkins, (is) the president of Christian lobbyist group Family Research Council."

How do you know he sinned? Other comments came to that conclusion. How did we do so logically?

If he didn't sin, why then punish him? If he did sin, why punish his family at the same time?

suncowiam

He was supposed to blame sinners, not gays. As everybody has sinned then everybody is targeted and tested by God.

Secondly, Obama just threw Israel under a bus, so God is now throwing Judgement onto America as a whole.

Are you saying gays are not sinners? I thought this was a Christian belief?

omega2xx

I don't know if he is Christian. He claims to be Christian and he is, for practical purposes, a leader among Christians. "Tony Perkins, (is) the president of Christian lobbyist group Family Research Council."

How do you know he sinned? Other comments came to that conclusion. How did we do so logically?

If he didn't sin, why then punish him? If he did sin, why punish his family at the same time?

Because of his position, he probably is a Christian. Still there is nothing in the Bible says homosexuals are responsible for all the evil and natural disasters in the world. The Bible says Adam is responsible.

God was not punishing him. God has not promised Christian a rose garden in this life. He has promised us one in the next life.