• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would God allow a false prophet to claim a new Law and commandments?

InvestigateTruth

I am not asking if God allows a false prophet just to claim to be a prophet of God! I believe He does allow such false prophets.

But, would God allow a false prophet to come up with certain commands and laws by himself, and claim he is revealing commandments, decrees, ordinances and laws from God and demand everyone to obey and follow his book, he claims to be from God?

Quran says, it cannot happen:

"And if the apostle were to invent any sayings in Our name, We should certainly seize him by his right hand, And We should certainly then cut off the artery of his heart" Quran 69:44-46

If you believe in Jesus, or Yahiwa, but you don't believe Muhammad, what was Jesus or God doing, when Muhammad was claiming such things. Why your God didnt cut Muhammad's heart artery so, he doesnt misguide them?

What does your scriptures say? If you believe in a God, but no scriptures, you can still bring your reasoning, why would the Powerful and All knowing you believe, allow, someone speak on His behalf, and make them obey a commandments, thereby allowing His people to get misguided?

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
I am not asking if God allows a false prophet just to claim to be a prophet of God! I believe He does allow such false prophets.

But, would God allow a false prophet to come up with certain commands and laws by himself, and claim he is revealing commandments, decrees, ordinances and laws from God and demand everyone to obey and follow his book, he claims to be from God?

"And if the apostle were to invent any sayings in Our name, We should certainly seize him by his right hand, And We should certainly then cut off the artery of his heart" Quran 69:44-46

What does your scriptures say? If you believe in a God, but no scriptures, you can still bring your reasoning, why would the Powerful and All knowing you believe, allow, someone speak on His behalf, and make them obey a commandments, thereby allowing His people to get misguided?
I just think it is another example of the Quran being obviously wrong.

God is not a dictator who goes around striking down peoples of different opinions or laws.

InvestigateTruth

God is not a dictator who goes around striking down peoples of different opinions or laws.
I don't see how this is striking people with different opinions.

What if a false prophet brings a set of laws and ordinances that causes people to become corrupted, wrongful, murderers. A false prophet who brings war, and violence. A prophet who causes people end up in hell!

If you believe in a God who cares people follow a good way of life, to become enabled to be admitted to heaven, but a false prophet misguided them to the wronge way on behalf of God, why wouldn't God do anything about it?

InvestigateTruth

@danieldemol

It is like a father seeing, someone has come to trick his children to become perverts, thieves, and murderers. Wouldn't a loving a caring father do anything about it? How much more expected of a loving, caring wise God.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I consider it is to be seen as a warning to us, if we do not choose the best advice available given in the Message, then this will be the consequences of our own choices.

God knows what man will do to each other, before that happens God gives us the guidance and the consequences of not following that guidance.

Regards Tony

danieldemol

Premium Member
@danieldemol

It is like a father seeing, someone has come to trick his children to become perverts, thieves, and murderers. Wouldn't a loving a caring father do anything about it? How much more expected of a loving, caring wise God.
The Quran quote does not mention perverts, thieves and murderers, it mentions an apostle inventing any saying in God’s name, then God will strike the apostle.
But Mahdi is an apostle of God, just look at all the Mahdi claimants claiming to speak for God who never got struck down by God.

Or all the false prophets who have ever lived, God didn’t personally strike many of them.

God mostly leaves perverts thieves and murderers to be dealt with at the hands of society and rarely strikes them down in the temporal sphere either.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That is a really good point. I do not think God would allow this to transpire. God might allow false prophets to speak on His behalf for a time, but it would not be very long before they were deemed to be false.

I do not think God would allow a religion to flourish and grow if it was false because that would be allowing people to be misled. That presents a difficult problem for Christians who believe Islam is false. Why would a just and loving God allow 22% of the world population to follow a false prophet? It just does not make sense.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Sure.
Why not?

Why would the Creator care about anything, much less minutea like which humans other humans believe are God's Official Spokesmen?

Why would an omnimax being, capable of absolutely anything, care about this?

I don't believe God cares about anything. I understand that humans prefer to believe that there is such a God, they tell me this quite commonly. But they never have much evidence beyond their own ego.
Tom

InvestigateTruth

The Quran quote does not mention perverts, thieves and murderers, it mentions an apostle inventing any saying in God’s name, then God will strike the apostle.
But Mahdi is an apostle of God, just look at all the Mahdi claimants claiming to speak for God who never got struck down by God.

Or all the false prophets who have ever lived, God didn’t personally strike many of them.

God mostly leaves perverts thieves and murderers to be dealt with at the hands of society and rarely strikes them down in the temporal sphere either.
An apostle in Quran, is someone who Allah sends with a new Revelation. A new revelation, meaning a new Book of Laws of God.
You cannot find a single Mahdi claimant who produced a book, and claiming it to be from God, and new Laws! Only the Bab and Bahaullah did this. Only They claimed they have new commandments, that will replace previous Laws of God.

InvestigateTruth

Sure.
Why not?

Why would the Creator care about anything, much less minutea like which humans other humans believe are God's Official Spokesmen?

Why would an omnimax being, capable of absolutely anything, care about this?

I don't believe God cares about anything. I understand that humans prefer to believe that there is such a God, they tell me this quite commonly. But they never have much evidence beyond their own ego.
Tom
Because, a Creator, would care of His creation. If there is such a wise and knowing, and powerful God created everything, He must love His creation and care for it. A God who created human, would love human, and cares for them. He would care for their happiness and prosperity. Otherwise why would a wise and knowing God created it? That contredicts divinity to be wise. Because, it means, a divinity created something that He does not love or care for it. It also contredicts creativity, when a God creates, and stops creating. Humanity has potential to become better, and if God can guide them to become better human being, why wouldn't He?

It is like, God created a good thing. Good human beings. But, someone, a false prophet comes and misguides His creatures to do wrong things. Why would a God allow, someone corrupts His creation?

InvestigateTruth

I don't recall the Upanishads or the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali mentioning what we are to do with false prophets, but I'll double check. ;)
Good. But the question is not what we are supposed to do with a false prophet. It is, what would your God do to a false prophet, who misleads people in the name of your God.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Good. But the question is not what we are supposed to do with a false prophet. It is, what would your God do to a false prophet, who misleads people in the name of your God.

Oh. Then my answer is nothing. Causality resolves this in due time by way of karma.

danieldemol

Premium Member
An apostle in Quran, is someone who Allah sends with a new Revelation. A new revelation, meaning a new Book of Laws of God.
You cannot find a single Mahdi claimant who produced a book, and claiming it to be from God, and new Laws! Only the Bab and Bahaullah did this. Only They claimed they have new commandments, that will replace previous Laws of God.
I think most prophet or Mahdi claimants are too little known for us to draw that conclusion, for example there was a bloke in Indonesia who claimed to be a prophet who said it is not necessary for his followers to say 5 prayers, they can say only 1. That would constitute a new Shariah.

Or what about the founder of the Druze who said that anyone who received his message who didn’t declare it in the mosques would be susceptible to the curse of Allah, I would call that a new or modified Shariah.

ETA or what about the sikhs with their obligatory dagger, comb etc

Ayjaydee

If you believe in Jesus, or Yahiwa, but you don't believe Muhammad, what was Jesus or God doing, when Muhammad was claiming such things. Why your God didnt cut Muhammad's heart artery so, he doesnt misguide them?

He obviously cant stop it

InvestigateTruth

I think most prophet or Mahdi claimants are too little known for us to draw that conclusion, for example there was a bloke in Indonesia who claimed to be a prophet who said it is not necessary for his followers to say 5 prayers, they can say only 1. That would constitute a new Shariah.

Or what about the founder of the Druze who said that anyone who received his message who didn’t declare it in the mosques would be susceptible to the curse of Allah, I would call that a new or modified Shariah.
Did they say these are new words of God? They just gave a new interpretation of their Book. Much like today, you would see religious leaders interpret their holy book in different ways. That is different than writing a new Book, containing new Laws, and claiming these are Gods words to be followed in place of Bible, or Quran. For example, Bahaullah wrote Aqdas, and claimed those are new Laws, that God wants everyone to obey, instead of Quran or Bible ordinances.