• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would anyone be interested in a Yule get together for RF pagans?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
So my official plan is Wednesday December 21st 5pm-6pm CST (i'll extend it until 7pm if people want to stay longer) we'll do the video chat on Discord. There's no rhyme going into this, just random talking (I'm not a very organized host lol) but perhaps people can open with prayers/sayings or even sing Yule songs if they feel up for it! I don't really know what else to do, I just imagined a get together. I'm open to ideas though if someone would like something extra!

I will post the link here on Monday

@SomeRandom @VoidCat @The Hammer @JustGeorge @Quintessence @Exaltist Ethan @Snow White

Please let me know if you're still planning on attending. :)

I'll be working (Pacific time zone here) but might join quietly without my camera on if I'm invited. :)

The 21st is also Homeless Persons Memorial Day which I'll be observing. Please remember our friends, neighbors, and loved ones who are living out in the cold this winter, and who have died in the past year.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
So my official plan is Wednesday December 21st 5pm-6pm CST (i'll extend it until 7pm if people want to stay longer) we'll do the video chat on Discord. There's no rhyme going into this, just random talking (I'm not a very organized host lol) but perhaps people can open with prayers/sayings or even sing Yule songs if they feel up for it! I don't really know what else to do, I just imagined a get together. I'm open to ideas though if someone would like something extra!

@SomeRandom @VoidCat @The Hammer @JustGeorge @Quintessence @Exaltist Ethan @Snow White

I'll try to be there

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I will have to have mine at the neighbor's house. I will keep it bum free for at least my stay.

We've eliminated the trouble squatters... and have a suspect of who is in there now. We know he's an elderly fellow(my husband watched him come from the gas station one night).

There's a jolly old guy I've talked to a few times at the gas station(its less than a block away). Once, he told me that if I ever needed him, just yell his name, and he'd come. It seemed like a strange comment, but I didn't question it. I'm wondering if maybe that's him over there... (making the comment make much more sense).

If that's the case, I'll send a pizza over for him, too. If its not him, at least this squatter is quiet and minds his own business, unlike the last group, and he can still have a pizza.

Its 17 degrees out right now; this is not the time of year to be homeless, and that place is heated. I can't blame someone for trying to keep warm...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
We've eliminated the trouble squatters... and have a suspect of who is in there now. We know he's an elderly fellow(my husband watched him come from the gas station one night).

There's a jolly old guy I've talked to a few times at the gas station(its less than a block away). Once, he told me that if I ever needed him, just yell his name, and he'd come. It seemed like a strange comment, but I didn't question it. I'm wondering if maybe that's him over there... (making the comment make much more sense).

If that's the case, I'll send a pizza over for him, too. If its not him, at least this squatter is quiet and minds his own business, unlike the last group, and he can still have a pizza.

Its 17 degrees out right now; this is not the time of year to be homeless, and that place is heated. I can't blame someone for trying to keep warm...
Well at least the bad ones are gone. Is there a serious shortage of shelter space where you live? And homelessness where it gets cold is a bigger problem than where it does not. Though it has been a bit colder than normal this year. No rain, which is nice in a way, but that also means colder weather.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Well at least the bad ones are gone. Is there a serious shortage of shelter space where you live? And homelessness where it gets cold is a bigger problem than where it does not. Though it has been a bit colder than normal this year. No rain, which is nice in a way, but that also means colder weather.

Yes, there is a shortage on shelter space, especially for men, from what I hear.

We already have had a few snow/wind storms this year. We've got a snow covering down as well, though not too deep.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics

I can’t make it. My mom will be taking me to her house then and I plan on spending quality time with them on that date. Thanks for the invite, though.