• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would anyone be interested in a Yule get together for RF pagans?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's difficult for me to do it in my own home so what I was thinking about is finally staying a few nights in the hermitages at a nearby spirituality center. It's a very magical place run by a Christian denomination, but they're basically Druids - they specifically focus on nature-centered spirituality. Their hermitages are little one-room homes in the woods powered only by solar/thermal.

I didn't even know that was a thing? I usually just go camping for that sort of solitude and reset. But that's been getting harder to do lately, I wonder if there are any near me?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
@VoidCat
@The Hammer @JustGeorge
@Quintessence if you decide to join

I have decided I will make this happen. :) I’m excited to meet you guys! I will use zoom if that works for everyone else. How does everyone feel about late evening around 5pm and letting it last until 7pm? I’m open to different time suggestions, I will have the day off

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Which day, specifically? If the 21st, I should be able to hop on for a few, but won't be able to stay real long. :)

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
If it was held within about 30 minutes drive of Port Stephens Australia I'd go.

The Sum of Awe

So my official plan is Wednesday December 21st 5pm-6pm CST (i'll extend it until 7pm if people want to stay longer) we'll do the video chat on Discord. There's no rhyme going into this, just random talking (I'm not a very organized host lol) but perhaps people can open with prayers/sayings or even sing Yule songs if they feel up for it! I don't really know what else to do, I just imagined a get together. I'm open to ideas though if someone would like something extra!

I will post the link here on Monday

@SomeRandom @VoidCat @The Hammer @JustGeorge @Quintessence @Exaltist Ethan @Snow White

Please let me know if you're still planning on attending. :)

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
So my official plan is Wednesday December 21st 5pm-6pm CST (i'll extend it until 7pm if people want to stay longer) we'll do the video chat on Discord. There's no rhyme going into this, just random talking (I'm not a very organized host lol) but perhaps people can open with prayers/sayings or even sing Yule songs if they feel up for it! I don't really know what else to do, I just imagined a get together. I'm open to ideas though if someone would like something extra!

I will post the link here on Monday

@SomeRandom @VoidCat @The Hammer @JustGeorge @Quintessence @Exaltist Ethan @Snow White

Please let me know if you're still planning on attending. :)
Still planning

The Sum of Awe

Such meetings destroyed a forum I was once a member of. I love everyone here, and would be more than happy to light the Yule log here.
It destroyed a forum? Why?? O.O

And you're very welcome to join us Salix :) 5pm CST on Discord. I'll post the link Monday, Wednesday we'll meet.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It destroyed a forum? Why?? O.O

And you're very welcome to join us Salix :) 5pm CST on Discord. I'll post the link Monday, Wednesday we'll meet.

The in-person meeting revealed/ignited secret crushes and relationships which led to the demise of the forum relationships as we knew them. A discord meeting might go well, but my experiences with IRL encounters among forum members have failed.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, your invitation must have got lost in the mail. You're most welcome to come, @Subduction Zone .

We'll be having pizza in the bathroom(Sims 2 reference).

Though, if I remember right, you've got a pet allergy?