• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would an abrahamic believer pick up a book with "witchcraft" as its title?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Why or why not?

Wanted to see something

I would if the title was something to do with God's warnings about witchcraft and all forms of spiritism. The Bible is very specific about God's abhorrence of those things. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I would if the title was something to do with God's warnings about witchcraft and all forms of spiritism. The Bible is very specific about God's abhorrence of those things. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)

I know there are some people won't pick up the book at all. I had one friend who shoved the Quiji board with a stick cause she didn't want to touch the toy. This was years ago, though.

Would you pick up the physical book?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Though traditional practices in Christianity wouldn't use the term witchcraft, there are traditions of folk magic in Christianity going back centuries.

True. In this particular case, it's a book with the title Witchcraft on it. Don't know about the history in relation to this question, though....

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I've heard of one pastor who picked up a witchcraft neo-pagan book to beat false witness against it during his sermon. I also know one who even had a Satanic Bible just to read it and know it.

Wow. Okay. Different perspective. I ran across a few pastors that would do that. Most, though, will literally belittle you in the church to as if to "get the devil out of her" type of thing. If I had means to walk, I would have left.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
... ooooh... how mysterious...

do you have any occult classics in your collection? { he asks with eyebrow raised } :D:cool:

Haha. Not quite occult, but not many people differentiate. They put it all under witchcraft. I've been interested in it lately but not in the neo- way. So, it's kinda a hit and miss.

https://www.amazon.com/Backwoods-Wi...eywords=backwoods+magic&qid=1577077152&sr=8-1

In Backwoods Witchcraft, Jake Richards offers up a folksy stew of family stories, lore, omens, rituals, and conjure crafts that he learned from his great-grandmother, his grandmother, and his grandfather, a Baptist minister who Jake remembers...
-

This is actually a good book. It has the author's personal and childhood experiences of conjure (not witchcraft) and his personal passion of it. I'm not too much for the conjure given that part of my family are pretty much not even in my area; but, the books are good nonetheless.

https://www.amazon.com/Working-Conj...CMEHR8TK258&psc=1&refRID=NSQREPAADCMEHR8TK258

He talks about his own experiences but it's a bit more "popular reading" than the former.

Haha. You asked. Mother was into all of this but she kinda gave it up for the 21st century four jobs, four kids, and two turtle doves.