• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would a Real Deity Sit in Judgement?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
You are a master at creating posts for atheists who share your need to attack Christianity.

Your premise is false.

You are a creation of God, you are not a god, therefore you have no ability to judge God except with your human reasoning, which cannot be equal to God's reasoning or actions.

That’s only from your POV as a Christian. There is no absolute proof for any of our beliefs.

As for your first point about atheist attacks on Christianity I don’t see it. Whether you believe it or not, Hindus also believe in God. Not your God, however. But one could be just as curious about the Hindu God.

Moreover, this may come as a shock, but a supermassive black hole called Sagittarius A-star, not Christianity, is the center of the galaxy.

shmogie

That’s only from your POV as a Christian. There is no absolute proof for any of our beliefs.

As for your first point about atheist attacks on Christianity I don’t see it. Whether you believe it or not, Hindus also believe in God. Not your God, however. But one could be just as curious about the Hindu God.

Moreover, this may come as a shock, but a supermassive black hole called Sagittarius A-star, not Christianity, is the center of the galaxy.
You don´t see it, OK I do. Keep an eye on the threads that are started, you might be surprised at what you see.

No surprise, it appears as though a black hole is at the center of every galaxy. Of course, the God of Christianity created at all.

shmogie

You don´t see it, OK I do. Keep an eye on the threads that are started, you might be surprised at what you see.

No surprise, it appears as though a black hole is at the center of every galaxy. Of course, the God of Christianity created at all.

shmogie

You do of course have proof of that assertion?
Do you have proof that he didn´t ?

Either the universe was created by God, or somehow natural processes created it.

You believe the latter, you have no proof for what you believe.

Keep the faith.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Do you have proof that he didn´t ?

Either the universe was created by God, or somehow natural processes created it.

You believe the latter, you have no proof for what you believe.

Keep the faith.

It was you who made the claim, not me. So you are saying that you make bold assertions and have no way to back them up?.

Actually i do have evidence to support my beliefs, also mathematical proof. I would not believe them any other way

Bird123

Upon serious reflection, is it rational to suppose that a real deity would judge people and/or the world?

BONUS QUESTION: Why would a judging god not be an insane god?

EDIT: There are some bright people on RF, but are there any bright people who are willing to think?

There is no need for God to judge people. God already knows how it's going to turn out. If there is any judging to be done, it will be yourself doing the judging.

A judging god might not be insane, but not very intelligent either.

shmogie

Le
It was you who made the claim, not me. So you are saying that you make bold assertions and have no way to back them up?.

Actually i do have evidence to support my beliefs, also mathematical proof. I would not believe them any other way
lets see your evidence then. If it is what I think it is, it fails.

Yep it is a bold assertion. Nope there is no evidence you would accept regarding the matter.

Just like there is no evidence for what you assert. Either you interpret it wrong, or you pretend it is what it is not.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Upon serious reflection, is it rational to suppose that a real deity would judge people and/or the world?
I know it can be irritating to have one's question answered by another question, but . . . if one thinks it's rational to believe in a real deity then why wouldn't it be rational to believe anything about him/her?

Because judging is a sane act? :shrug:

EDIT: There are some bright people on RF, but are there any bright people who are willing to think?
I think therefore I am, and because I am, I am bright.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There is no need for God to judge people. God already knows how it's going to turn out. If there is any judging to be done, it will be yourself doing the judging.

A judging god might not be insane, but not very intelligent either.
It's all rather "nicht einmal falsch" anyway.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course, the God of Christianity created at all.

Only your beliefs. No proof. It’s way past high time that people stopped pontificating, preaching, proselytizing and evangelizing that their beliefs and religion is the “right one” and only one, and that everyone else’s is wrong or false. What is is, is obnoxious.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

This begs the question: what is "nature" and how is "god" not of it?

The assumption is that god is somehow before nature, a kind of unknowable, undefined conciousness capable of bringing all things into being--which becomes nature and progresses through processes.

But this leaves the proclaimer of intelligent design at a disadvantage in a discussion involving evidence. This being is unknowable; being beyond the definition of time and space--some undefined conciousness--you cannot use this as proof.

So the natural process proclaimer is ultimately victorious. Science provides for proof through natural processes as best it can. And it is capable, being that it is understanding mechanisms defined through time and space. Things that are measurable.

Your either/or is unverifiable.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
It does not make for a sane god. If it is omni everything and all powerful, it had every and all chances to create humans exactly as it wants to. A sane god who had every tool and all the time available would create exactly what it wanted.

To turn around and judge it's job as inferior and defective is not sane imo given the opportunity, time and tools it had available to create perfection.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Penguin. God exists is effectively proven by the logical difficulty of explaining a cause without him.
Well, let's see. How about citing hurricane Dorian as the explanation for the cause of 13,000 homes being destroyed on Abaco and Grand Bahama islands?

In an eternal universe, things simply exist because they always have, because matter cannot be created or destroyed.
Ever hear of nuclear fission and fusion wherein matter is destroyed so as to produce huge amounts of energy? Same goes for the burning logs in a fireplace. The log (matter) is turned into heat (energy).

But in a causal (this event started everything) you run into the problem of laws of physics existing before there is a universe for them to operate in, in order to cause said event.
So what's the problem of the laws existing before the Big Bang?

shmogie

This begs the question: what is "nature" and how is "god" not of it?

The assumption is that god is somehow before nature, a kind of unknowable, undefined conciousness capable of bringing all things into being--which becomes nature and progresses through processes.

But this leaves the proclaimer of intelligent design at a disadvantage in a discussion involving evidence. This being is unknowable; being beyond the definition of time and space--some undefined conciousness--you cannot use this as proof.

So the natural process proclaimer is ultimately victorious. Science provides for proof through natural processes as best it can. And it is capable, being that it is understanding mechanisms defined through time and space. Things that are measurable.

Your either/or is unverifiable.
I would say you are right. The either is unverifiable, as is the or. As is God, as is the creation of the universe.

What is known about the creation of the universe is that it, for an unknown reason, began a rapid expansion which hasn´t stopped. Along with the expansion came the laws of physics, which did their thing.

Was or was there not a singularity ? No one knows. Was there a before before the big bang, no one knows.

Have there been more than one BB, no one knows. Are there multiverses, no one knows, are there other universes, no one knows, how many dimensions are there ?

You get the picture.

So, as to answering the big question there is no verifiable answer, from science, from theology.

leov

It is much simpler, we have 'flight data recorder ' on board - heart. Judgement is separation of what was done good and what was done evil.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
No, I don't think that it is. It ends up being a bit of a "betting man" god, somewhat difficult to attempt to take seriously if he is supposed to be also all-powerful and ethically sound.
I don't think that there would be any way of telling. We could conceivably tell that it is indeed insane, but not always.
Beats me.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You are not only on a different page, you are on a different continent.

Christ! That's sloppy.
none the less...…

to have position in the kingdom.....with God
some judgement call will be made

I believe the peace of heaven is guarded

shmogie

Only your beliefs. No proof. It’s way past high time that people stopped pontificating, preaching, proselytizing and evangelizing that their beliefs and religion is the “right one” and only one, and that everyone else’s is wrong or false. What is is, is obnoxious.
Sorry, your problem is with Jesus Christ, not me.

He said ¨ I am the resurrection and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me΅. This is awfully clear,

Would you have me deny this, and say we are all sailing on the same boat ? I can´t because I would be lying.

I don´t recall telling anyone their religion is false, though it may have happened.

You have every right to believe whatever you believe. If your religion believes all believers in any religion are equal before your gods, that is perfectly fine, Why should I have a problem with that ?

Universalism is not a doctrine that I accept, but I have no beef with those that do, unless we are in a theological discussion.

If being true to ones faith is offensive to you, I am sorry, but I have little choice in the matter. I will try and tamp it down, as I can.