• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst video game memory?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't play video (computer) games and haven't for about ten years, but when I used to play world of Warcraft, I remember being an undead warrior named Decrapio, and some one invited me on a quest with a group.

He was telling the other members what a great guy I was and that they should trust his judgement in inviting me.

So, we went through this cave killing everything, and the whole point of the quest was to get some epic tunic or robe of some sort, that my character could not use.

So, when we finally killed the main boss and the gear we were questing for dropped, I picked it up.

BIG mistake. Being the newb I was, I figured id just be able to give it to whomever in the group needed it.

Well, that wasn't an option. So, because of me, the whole quest was a pointless waste of time, and the guy who invited me to the group, felt terrible for inviting me, and I sure felt stupid.

I still haven't fully recovered from the shame of it all! :p.
(just kidding, but the memory still is unpleasant)

Certainly never made that mistake again.

But, it was a long mission, and thanks to me, was largely a waste of time. :(

Do you have a worst video game memory you would like to share?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Every newb mistakenly rolls for and wins a soul bound item that wasn't intended for their character at least once.
That's good to hear... but what does roll for mean? I don't remember rolling for it. I just remember going in and grabbing it, and everyone was p*ssed at me.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
No bad gaming experiences here.
Surely you have had an outburst of profanity and anger over a video game, no?

Well, you must be a Saint! If you lose a tooth, mail it to me please...the bones of saints have healing properties and miraculous qualities! :D

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Surely you have had an outburst of profanity and anger over a video game, no?

Well, you must be a Saint! If you lose a tooth, mail it to me please...the bones of saints have healing properties and miraculous qualities! :D
yeah but I wouldn't call it a bad experience.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
When I was a child, maybe around the age of 10 or 11, I had Final Fantasy for the NES. There was only one save file, and I had progressed to the final castle of the game. I had a friend over and we were playing Nintendo games so of course he saw the cartridge and wanted to try it. I told him that he could, but that he could not visit any inns, as that was how you saved your game progress. A few days after he came over, I sat down with the intention of finally beating the game, but sure enough that little turd muncher overwrote all of my progress by visiting the inn in the starting town.
I never bothered playing back through to beat it.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
When I was a child, maybe around the age of 10 or 11, I had Final Fantasy for the NES. There was only one save file, and I had progressed to the final castle of the game. I had a friend over and we were playing Nintendo games so of course he saw the cartridge and wanted to try it. I told him that he could, but that he could not visit any inns, as that was how you saved your game progress. A few days after he came over, I sat down with the intention of finally beating the game, but sure enough that little turd muncher overwrote all of my progress by visiting the inn in the starting town.
I never bothered playing back through to beat it.
LOL! :D

Reminds me of playing a Sega game where you conquer the globe, and can't save, and I was almost there, and my brother throws a stuffed animal, it hits the stupid Sega, and everything freezes... I was SO PISSED! :mad:

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
I've got a lot of good memories. Most recently my favorite is telling a Mexican kid on Halo that I don't speak Spanish, but in Russian.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I can't think of any off hand unless you consider getting griefed as the worst experience. For me that would be the worst because it always takes away from the game itself and ruins your experience unless you're in the mood for brawling with a bunch of bunny hopping morons or even worse, hackers. I'm never in the mood for hackers and would report it in an instant.

It's why I'm big on single player. I like story and immersion with a proper challenge.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I've had some corrupted save files ruin my life as a kid. But apart from that, my gaming is mostly positive. Hissy fits over particularly hard levels notwithstanding.

RaXz

Bleach Biatch
Having no hard disk and playing games with multiple disks, disk swapping galore, especially with classic adventure games with over 10 disks.

I still remember my happiness when I finally managed to acquire a 20mb hard disk for my Commodore Amiga.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Lately games as a service. Microtransactions and loot boxes all that crap.

I can't believe what EA did to Command and Conquer. They took an incredible and beloved franchise originated from Westwood Studios (bought out and shut down by EA by the way) and just ran it into the ground and completely bastardized it by turning it into a pathetic mobile phone game. It was pure spit into the face of the fans.

Reaper

Ave Satanas
I remember playing an indie game called "You Won't Tell Anyone, Right?". It's a game about PTSD and well...I have PTSD, which I didn't know at the time. I cried like a terrified baby.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you have a worst video game memory you would like to share?

1. My Sega Genesis would no longer read my Road Rash cartridge even with the weight of a few books on top of it. :(
  2. Watching my SO walk out of my life carrying the liquid cooled neon gaming rig we built together.

RaXz

Bleach Biatch
Almost finishing Psycho Fox and seeing that my Sega Master System wasn't laying straight on the table, only to press the power button when setting it right.