• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst things to hear from your kids

Skwim

Veteran Member
You can get syphilis from sheep?

I never had reason to know that.
Tom
You could if they were so infected, but according to the medical Information I've read, no. The only animals with a chance of being infected with syphilis are those in the wild. Virtually no domesticated animal is a carrier.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Worst thing possible is my son saying he thinks he's a girl or wants to identify as one :sob:

This post, claiming that having a son who is trans is the worst thing possible, makes you extremely evil. In my opinion.

Maybe you were exaggerating, didn't really mean it, whatever.
But just saying it on the internet puts you pretty darned low in the moral scheme of things.

What a Christian.o_O People like you are how I know that Christianity has nothing to do with God.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
you can have your opinion and i wont argue with it but just FYI, i am not a Christian.
Sorry if I misunderstood.
Around here the people who would rather that their child was dying of cancer or addiction than were trans are consistently Christians.

It's the kind of Evil I expect from Christians.
Tom

Earthtank

Sorry if I misunderstood.
Around here the people who would rather that their child was dying of cancer or addiction than were trans are consistently Christians.

It's the kind of Evil I expect from Christians.
Tom

No need to apologize. I never said i would rather my son die. The angle I answered that question from was from an evolutionary perspective and not meant in any way to be offensive. Also, the way I took was as in the most unexpected thing and worse thing your child can say. I am very close to my children so when it comes to your particular scenario of "cancer or addiction" I would like to believe i would know if my son had cancer or was addicted to some narcotic based off how close we are, of course i could be wrong however, he would not hide his cancer from me and signs of addiction can be spotted, especially if was some heavy narcotic. I will be honest, I thought people might ask "why" i said that instead of simply assume the worse. Anyway, i do not wish to hijack this thread, the "why" is a different topic, for a different thread. Just wanted to clarify my "extremely evil" response.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
"I have some great news, dad! The Messiah has returned, and he and his children are all gathered in his compound out in the woods! Come join us..."

Erebus

"No ... that's not true ... that's impossible!"

You try to reconnect with your son and they say something like that. It just kills the mood.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You could if they were so infected, but according to the medical Information I've read, no. The only animals with a chance of being infected with syphilis are those in the wild. Virtually no domesticated animal is a carrier.

You, I fully expected to know a lot about syphilis.
Tom

Skwim

Veteran Member
You, I fully expected to know a lot about syphilis.
Tom

Among many, many other things.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Dad! Mom!

Remember that game you bought me?

I just bought $500,000 worth of cool stuff in the video game store!